X

+ or -

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• + or -

i don't want to split hairs, but i like the pre bodies a lot more than the 98+. I own a 98+ by the way, let the bashing begin!
    "Too weird to live, too rare to die"
    Where's Waldo?
    sigpic

Why would anyone start bashing you? Some like the pre's, some like the posts. Both have their own unique pros and cons.

6 of one, half dozen of the other....
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

yep, its a matter of opinion. I happen to think the post bodies are much sexier (as they are curvy), but I cannot stand it, looking at it from the front end (big old boobs for turn signals)
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Every time I see the Post kats I think of a pre that go too close to a fire....

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Post Kats --><-- Pre Kats

Comment

I like both of them alot.

I think the only color I can agree that they BOTH look good in is white.

Comment

There are pros and cons for both.

Comment

I love everything about my 98+ except that horrible tail light (AKA dog penis!!) LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mx916 View Post
                  I love everything about my 98+ except that horrible tail light (AKA dog penis!!) LOL!
                  Easy enough to switch to the 04+ tail... a couple of tail fairings, the under-lamp piece, the new light, a longer lock cable, and a bracket to hold the new light. Watch eBay for someone parting out, ask Arsenic if he has the parts, or if you want ALL NEW, I can order you the parts fairly cheaply (it'd be a special order).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                  CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                  The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I go for both...but it was a gray 2004 that blew my mind...first Kat I ever saw. Remember, I live in Nowhere with a capital "N". It just hit me like the first time I saw a '63 split back window Stingray. Impossible to forget.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I'm partial to older bikes so I gotta go with the pre bikes.
                      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Its a pre thing for me. I liked em back in the day and like them even more now.
                        Always count on hitting pavement twice. First time from inexperience, the second from thinking you are experienced!

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me! "

Comment

Pre 98 ftmfw
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i like them both!!!!!!!no room for bashing on this topic !!!
                            • i see you 2006 katana 600!!!! R.I.P. CP

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                              but I cannot stand it, looking at it from the front end (big old boobs for turn signals)
                              I felt the same way. Swapping the amber lenses to the clear ones makes a big difference. Now the boobs aren't so noticeable.

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                              Easy enough to switch to the 04+ tail... a couple of tail fairings, the under-lamp piece, the new light, a longer lock cable, and a bracket to hold the new light.
                              The rear brake light plug is different enough that some modification is needed.

Last edited by squiggy; 02-27-2009, 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
                              X