X

carbon fiber and low teps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbon fiber and low teps

does a carbon fiber pipe really keep the temps lower some bit the pipe sure stays cool back there
    Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 02-17-2009, 10:29 PM.

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
    does a carbon fiber pipe really keep the temps lower some bit the pipe sure stays cool back there
    I can ride all day and my carbon pipe is just warm to the touch. I used to burn the heck out of my leg on my old bike with normal cans. after a long ride and dismount. But.... that was also when I used to wear shorts in the summer when riding.
    Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

The pipe is slightly less hot than the stock
      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
      Current Bikes:
      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

It makes zero difference to the engine whether the muffler is steel, titanium or carbon fiber, but it some day may make a big difference to you when you accidentally graze it with your skin or with a set of saddle bags. Carbon fiber rules in that sense. On the other hand, metal lasts longer (carbon fiber doesn't tend to stand up to UV rays and heat over a decade, where a metal can is likely to still be in good condition on the outside).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X