What kind of insurance do you have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nut_flush View Post
    I own an agency in California...

A motorcycle written on a typical auto type policy behaves very differently than a "specialty vehicle" policy - which is designed to provide more coverage specific to riders.
    Q: Can you clarify on this point some more?

Thanks!
    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have progressive, 500/500 deductible, I pay 43$/month on my 03' SV650S ... but this did remind me to check into their theft policies.
      Currently Riding:
      1995 Katana 600
      V&H Exhaust
      Jet Kit

SOLD
      2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
      1987 XV700 Bobber
      REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
        I have State Farm full coverage with $100 deductable on the ZX-14 and the Cbr600rr. I pay $70 / month.

Also, I don't have anything else insured with them, just my bikes

wow. state farm is raping me.

entire family, boat, brothers bike, brothers and parents houses are covered...and Im at 120ishmo with $1k deductible.

(didnt know about the $1k deductible until someone knocked my bike over...)

Comment

Hm.

I have State Farm, comprehensive. Higher deductible ($400, if memory serves), but I'm only payin' $262 per year.

Turning 25 helps =)

I hear marriage does, too. But I think I'll pay the single's premium. Hella cheaper *laughing*

--B

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxrox View Post

Turning 25 helps =)

--B
            I hear it does...frick. 2 more years.

Comment

ummm. currently.... health insurance. lol

i dont have vehicle insurance on any vehicle i have right now because well, none of them work lol. i drive my parents van and thats insured for me simply because i live under their roof.

Comment

haha, I wish i had health insurance. then I could get this weird chest thing checked out.

Oh well, all my $$ goes to school, after I graduate I can worry about living

Comment

Basic with fire/theft
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                    haha, I wish i had health insurance. then I could get this weird chest thing checked out.

Oh well, all my $$ goes to school, after I graduate I can worry about living

I love only paying 20 a paycheck for GREAT health insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by ADyingBreed View Post
                      I love only paying 20 a paycheck for GREAT health insurance.

I used to as a full time tech...but I had to quit to go to school.

Comment

Progressive...
                        $300.00 a year
                        $100.00 deductible
                        $100,000.00/$300,000.00 uninsured coverage just in case someone hits me and runs....
                        $100,000.00/$300,000.00 coverage on medical and property
                        $10,000.00 extra hospitalization coverage on myself and anyone riding my bike.
                        Fire, theft, or vandalism is also covered but I opted out on my 91 being covered in case I crash it.
                        $1,500.00 for extra add ons and custom parts.

I decided to get good insurance, just in case something bad happens and my family is left without me to pay the bills. Or I get hurt and my medical insurance decides they won't cover it.
                        ALSO.... I have AFLC Accidental insurance as a added backup. That's only $20.00 extra a month for my family of 5.

I have a perfect driving record and my credit isn't bad, as that also comes into play with higher insurance rates now days....
                        I've been hit by another driver and know bad things can and do happen. Sometimes not enough insurance is worse than the accident itself in case you get sued. Basic liability doesn't cover jack and they can come back and sue you for all damages if it turns out to be your fault
                        Last edited by ctrailfreak; 02-17-2009, 10:59 PM.
                        Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

$900/yr full coverage on 05 750 Kat
                          Last edited by medic6t9; 02-17-2009, 11:06 PM.

Comment

its 485 for basic liability on my 96 kat 600 with geico.
                            full coverage would be far too expensive for me. I remember getting quotes for like a 2006 ninja 650 and for full coverage it was like 10k a year for me. thats ridiculous but its also a tactic to keep them from having to pay out for the squids.

Comment

Working...
                            X