No announcement yet.
X

4 into 1 off a 600 fit a 750 Both Pres?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 into 1 off a 600 fit a 750 Both Pres?

I need to know if a 4 into 1 (V&H) off a 600 pre will fit on a pre 750? I have the duals right now and want to upgrade. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance for any input..

Eric
    "I am not going faster officer, everyone else is going slower than I was"

Should fit. Header port spacing is the same, mid-pipe diameter is the same. Oil pan shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by EBritain View Post
      I need to know if a 4 into 1 (V&H) off a 600 pre will fit on a pre 750? I have the duals right now and want to upgrade. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance for any input..

Eric
      I just did this exact swap. It will fit. The V&H header has exactly the same size pipes as the factory 750 headers, and they bolt right on as well. Only issue I saw, the factory bolts used to mount the original system are 1/4" too short to mount the V&H! You will need the bolts that come with the V&H, or to find longer bolts.

The collector on the header drops down and ends right at the oil drain bolt. It will clear it, but I had to pry down a little to get the second pipe on. Expect to the remove that to change your oil going foward probably.

Runs better now than the stock 4-2 did (for me).

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Good info. to know!

Comment

Make sense. It is cheaper for V&H to run the same pipe diameter for both systems since you are rejetting anyway. I'm kind of surprised Suzuki runs different pipe sizes on the header, I guess they didn't want/couldn't jet the bike to match under the specs they needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
            Make sense. It is cheaper for V&H to run the same pipe diameter for both systems since you are rejetting anyway. I'm kind of surprised Suzuki runs different pipe sizes on the header, I guess they didn't want/couldn't jet the bike to match under the specs they needed.
            I don't know if the header is the same for the 600 vs 750 V&H headers. What I did was check and verify the V&H 600 system (which I assume is larger than the stock 600 pipes) matched up to my 750 stock size... Since they did, I was able to swap them and NOT need to re-jet.

The 600 V&H header, and stock pre 750 header pipes are 1.25" outter diam. Anyone able to confirm the sizes of the other pipes?

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Cool Thanks for the info guys. I was just trying to save some money over the Yosh setup. "Poor Boys Racing" Ya know the deal....
              Last edited by EBritain; 02-19-2009, 05:17 PM.
              "I am not going faster officer, everyone else is going slower than I was"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                The 600 V&H header, and stock pre 750 header pipes are 1.25" outter diam.
                Just remember that OD means nothing -- it's ID that counts when it comes to headers, because that lets you calculate your cross-sectional area for the flow.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                  Just remember that OD means nothing -- it's ID that counts when it comes to headers, because that lets you calculate your cross-sectional area for the flow.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

Agreed, for the fine calculations! For a quick and dirty, OD is relevent when the same thickness pipe is used, as is the case with V&H and my Stock pipes. I do not forsee them changing the wall thickness, but it is possible. Hard to measure the ID when the pipes are mounted though....

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                  X