first ride of the year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by labbatom90 View Post
    after letting it run, it seemed to start smoking
    You didn't just let it sit there and idle did you? Cuz that's bad...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i did actually for about ten minutes, revving it every once in a while......

was that bad?
      "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

The Katana engines rely on air passing over the engine and through the oil cooler to keep the oil cool, temps build up really quickly if the bike is not moving. Ten minutes isn't horrendously long but for the future...you get where this is going.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

haha oops, thanks for the tip!!!

i remember one time i was riding, got stuck in traffic going up a pretty long hill for like 20 minutes, and it was smoking by the end, well that explains that!
          "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

I COULDA just been burning off condensation . Possibly had a lil water in the engine from sitting and temp changes . Once it heats up ..... Just an edumacted guess .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X