X

I swear I searched!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear I searched!!!

I searched and search but couldn't find. New rider. Looking for the best and most affordable tires (starting with the rear) and battery. Will probably ride once or twice a week, not thinking of any long rides. What do you guys think? '94 Katana 600... Pretty stock as far as I can tell, maybe a new exhaust. I will be washing it and checking things out today.

Edit: Ok, I found some tire information, but was looking into more "affordable" options. I know not to exchange safety with saving some bucks, but just curious.
    Last edited by Kidmet; 02-12-2009, 05:04 PM.

As for tires. I have a 94 600 as well and have Conti.Road Attacks mounted on mine. They are a great tire. Stick well, handle well and they stick like crazy and are very stable in the rain. Your stock tire size is a 140 however, you can put the 150 on if si inclined to.

Oh yeah, welcome to KR..

Comment

Ebay.. look for some low wear tires. Some shops charge you extra for mounting your tire or won't at all. Mine in Austin did it for just a few $

Comment

I thought it was a 50 post minimum to start threads? Not trying to hate on you or nothing.
        02 Katana 600 R.I.P

Comment

another option is to buy a set of tire spoons ($20 or less). learn to change a tire on your own. then just buy scrubs (used race tires) off local racers. might be tough to find a 150 rear though as I doubt anybody racing an sv would use a 150. time to upgrade to a 98+ wheel, so you can take advantage of the almost endless supply of dirt cheap race tires.

Comment

Originally posted by JTstyle View Post
            I thought it was a 50 post minimum to start threads? Not trying to hate on you or nothing.
            No sir, that only applies but to a few areas of the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidmet View Post
              Looking for the best and most affordable tires
              Affordable is a funny term.

The cheapest tires (buy-in cost) that only last for 3000 miles before they're due for replacement end up not being very cheap over 4 sets compared to a single set that lasts you 12k miles.

And how do you put a price on the ability to stop 5 or 10 feet faster from 60 mph without losing control? It might be insignificant, but it could also literally be the difference between life and death...

Best is a far easier term. BUT before you invest in the tires, find out if any of your local shops will change the tires for you on a set of carry-in tires. Depending on where you live, you might not have any place close that will do that (BarMatt in WV comes to mind with that particular issue). If you can find a shop that will change them reasonably ($25-$30 a wheel is reasonable; $70 a wheel isn't, IMHO), then go mail order and get yourself a set of Metzeler Z6's in a 120/70ZR17 front and 150/70ZR17 rear, or a set of Pirelli Diablo Stradas in the same size.

Originally posted by JTstyle View Post
              Only for sales of items, from what I understand... It keeps our members from being hit by spam and by scams nearly as often...

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
              CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
              The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Kidmet View Post
                Ok, I found some tire information, but was looking into more "affordable" options. I know not to exchange safety with saving some bucks, but just curious.
                You could always take a look at Malloc's old tires.

Comment

hey i just orderd a 150-70-17 kenda671 from a catlog and only paid $51.00 plus $ 5.00 that tire around here sales for $164.99 pm me and i will give you the web address and cat. name
                  sigpic

Comment

+1 on the Conti.Road Attacks
                    Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Originally posted by joseph2027 View Post
                      hey i just orderd a 150-70-17 kenda671 from a catlog and only paid $51.00 plus $ 5.00 that tire around here sales for $164.99 pm me and i will give you the web address and cat. name
                      post the web address maybe they have some other deals

Comment

The Conti Road Attacks are a great tire and are very reasonably priced too
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                        sigpic

Comment

+1 with Zepp and Breeze....love my Conti Road Attacks!! Good prices at www.IronPony.com
                          Bill
                          1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Breeze View Post
                            As for tires. I have a 94 600 as well and have Conti.Road Attacks mounted on mine. They are a great tire. Stick well, handle well and they stick like crazy and are very stable in the rain. Your stock tire size is a 140 however, you can put the 150 on if si inclined to.

Oh yeah, welcome to KR..
                            Look on Ebay, some guy has 4 for $40 plus $15 shipping.

Ok, I have my Road Attacks bought and on the way. (Thanks to the motorcycle shop that went out of business, I double for my front tire than the back. haha) Now a good battery. Affordable, but will last. Any ideas? Needing some help with this.
                            Last edited by Kidmet; 02-13-2009, 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

+10, conti road attacks... 12k mile tire and excellent traction.
                              i'm on my 2nd set
                              myspace
                              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                              X