X

swingarm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swingarm

is the swingarm on an 05 and 06 the same,and is there a difference between the 600 and 750 swingarms?

Originally posted by trash View Post
    is the swingarm on an 05 and 06 the same,and is there a difference between the 600 and 750 swingarms?
    Pretty sure it's been posted that they are the same.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The 750 swingarms are a bit longer, like 1.5" maybe.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        they will bolt up the same though right?

Comment

This is correct for the Pres... the post bikes use the same swingarm.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            This is correct for the Pres... the post bikes use the same swingarm.

Krey
            Really? I always thought it was the other way around...hrm...

EDIT: Found this on the topic re pre 98s:

Originally posted by KatriderJim View Post
            The 750 swingarm is about an inch and a half longer than the 600's, and is connected to a heavier unishock (that's also adjustable with a slide mounted under the seat).
            Last edited by scottynoface; 02-09-2009, 12:48 PM.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Really? I always thought it was the other way around...hrm...
              I know the pre arms are definately different sizes, and you were correct with the 750 being 1.5" longer almost exactly. I had one of each sitting side by side recently.

I'm thinking I should pick up a post swingarm so I can do some comparisons between them. I'll be looking at doing a wider rim mod on one to see how it comes out ... hrm..

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

I'm pretty sure the different swing arm lengths was for the pre bikes. I aksed before and was told it was the same on the 98+
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

RonAyers parts database says:
                  04-06 swing arm is the same except for the color across both the 600 & 750 Kats.
                  61000-08F10-019 vs 61000-08F10-13L
                  First five characters are component group
                  Second five characters are product item & version (numbers change on source changes as well).
                  Last three characters are color-code (which is why they only appear in certain items; nobody cares about the color of an alternator for example).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                  CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                  The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks alot guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X