What ya think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ya think?

Is this a good deal?
    i sent him a email asking a lil more bout it and he said: I do not know of any mech' wrong with the bike it is just cosmetic. I do not kno if it was laid down or not that is how i bought it from a guy but now i need to sell it cause i need the cash.

im thinking of gettin it, thanks

Doesn't seem to terribly bad. If you go look at it, I would check:

Look in the sight glass, make sure the oil doesn't look toasty and clumpy.

Take a flash light, check the inside of the tank, make sure there isn't any rust.

Check the rotors for grooves.

Look at the dust boots and fork tubes, check for fork oil.

Look at the oil cooler lines, and the cooler itself, any leaks should show up.

Other then that, if everything checks out, I would say its a deal to be had.
    Currently Riding:
    1995 Katana 600
    V&H Exhaust
    Jet Kit

SOLD
    2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
    1987 XV700 Bobber
    REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

whats the lowest you think i could get it for?

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheelnPit View Post
          whats the lowest you think i could get it for?
          I'd offer a grand. Plastics aren't cheap. They sell in better shape than that in kc for not much more. I can buy a 2007 750 with 1,500 miles for $4,300.00 out the door and it's mint! If it was in great shape, it might bring a little over $2,000.00 here. But that's with all plastics and good paint.
          Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

Originally posted by ctrailfreak View Post
            I can buy a 2007 750 with 1,500 miles for $4,300.00 out the door and it's mint!
            A 2007 750 what? GSXR?

OP: He made no mention of mileage, I would ask him about it as long as you have his email. Other than that it doesn't look too bad from here.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

$1000 seems like a very reasonable offer.

Originally posted by katanawarrior View Post
              Doesn't seem to terribly bad. If you go look at it, I would check:

Look in the sight glass, make sure the oil doesn't look toasty and clumpy.

Take a flash light, check the inside of the tank, make sure there isn't any rust.

Check the rotors for grooves.

Look at the dust boots and fork tubes, check for fork oil.

Look at the oil cooler lines, and the cooler itself, any leaks should show up.

Other then that, if everything checks out, I would say its a deal to be had.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              He made no mention of mileage, I would ask him about it as long as you have his email. Other than that it doesn't look too bad from here.
              Last edited by alien; 02-09-2009, 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Did you guys read the for sale ad?

Miles shown in picture 5848, ad specifies less than 6k miles....

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Needs TLC = knock $700 off the price with your opening bid.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Did you guys read the for sale ad?

Miles shown in picture 5848, ad specifies less than 6k miles....

Krey
                    Nope, I like making blind assumptions.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Nope, I like making blind assumptions.
                      Good gracious!.. On the interwebs! Say it ain't so!

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks

Comment

CLICK: CyberPoet's Inspection Check-list for buying an used bike.

Things to pay particular attention to on the Kats:
                          (A) Second gear engagement.
                          (B) That the frame, where it crosses the engine, is the same distance from the fins on both sides (should be able to fit your fingers between the frame & engine).

And while you're at it:
                          Get the VIN and check on the status of it with the local DMV. Last thing you want is a bike you can't title or insure for some reason.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                          CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                          The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post

And while you're at it:
                            Get the VIN and check on the status of it with the local DMV. Last thing you want is a bike you can't title or insure for some reason.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Great advise, this is overlooked too often!
                            1978 Suzuki GS750
                            1995 Suzuki Katana 600
                            2007 Kawaski ZX6R

www.bikesoftheworld.com

Comment

i got my 1990 kat for 1200, you should probably be able to go about there since its a lot newer and has been dropped. but definitely have a friend who knows motorcycles, or have it brought to a shop before you buy it, just to have it checked out, almost made that mistake for a car a few years ago. looked good and felt good, but apparently the fuel, and oil lines were about as bad as they can get >.<
                              "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X