Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Problems on the first ride of the year!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems on the first ride of the year!!!!

So yesterday in WI, it was 45 outside. I went out and started the bike. She fired right up. However, when I let it warm up , she was dripping antifreeze. i was confused as to where. i looked all over the place and could not find the source. my car was parked where my bike was before i moved it. chekced the car and couldnt find anything either. SO what could be wrong with the bike. Has this happened to anyone???????
    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
    Current Bikes:
    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Kats are oil cooled...never had that problem. My Gixxer leaked from a loose clamp.

Comment

yep, we dont have antifreeze..so its not from the bike.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Thats what I thought. So it MUST be coming from my car... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:

Comment

lol @ antifreeze
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Anyone else been parked in your driveway in that spot?
            -2000 "750"

Comment

Check the water pump on the cage and the hoses coming from the radiator.
              Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

Sure it was anti-freeze and not just condensation/melting-snow?

If it was anti-freeze, as the others noted, it was from something other than the Kat. Simple enough to check the car -- look at the reservoir for the level

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I dont think melting snow is irradescent green. LOL But i checked my car out. wasnt it.
                  Current Bikes:

Comment

Working...
                  X