Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Catch-22 situation? Give a coworker a ride home?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were in an area that did not require a lid, I would give mine up and give her a ride home. All other situations and she is walking.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

In the name of co-worker friendliness and general at-work-reputation (women spread the good word when you do a good deed -- something that may come back to you when a single beautiful woman walks through the door there), yes. If she needs a helmet, either loan her yours or grab another from somewhere (we're talking 2 miles here -- not 20).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That would have been my rationalization I think as well had I done it. This person and I have always gotten along well, and we have fun at work w/ everyone else and I would have hated to have her wait there forever..but its just that compromising what I know to be true,and what I always preach isnt something that I take lightly, even if it is only 2 miles and I can take less traveled roads thru neighboorhoods instead of busy city streets.

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
          Up here it's illegal to not wear a lid so it's a little different for those of you with no helmet laws down in the states.

If you had a no helmet law you could go with out or she could, depending on who is willing to make the decision to go lid-less
          In Rhode Island you would have to let her wear the helmet and you would have to go without. I dont understand why the law is that way here, but it is. there is no law requiring a rider to wear a helmet, but a passenger must have one
          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Short non-fun ride = here's my helmet , we'll be taking it pretty easy .
            Other rides = I have a spare helmet , let me go get it .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I would have let her wear my helmet, then would have had her give me helmet.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                Up here it's illegal to not wear a lid so it's a little different for those of you with no helmet laws down in the states.

If you had a no helmet law you could go with out or she could, depending on who is willing to make the decision to go lid-less
                In Rhode Island you would have to let her wear the helmet and you would have to go without. I dont understand why the law is that way here, but it is. there is no law requiring a rider to wear a helmet, but a passenger must have one
                PA riders and passengers must wear a helmet unless they are over 18. That's weird how you guys have it up there; and I thought PA was bassackwards

Comment

i used to keep a spare till it got thrown at me by my ex when she found out who wore it last.

crypt dogs laws of physics law # 122 an inflight dot, snell, head ornament will travel till something stops it be it gravity, or an obstacle ( tip of shoulder and her favorite mirror)

crypt dogs guide to safe sex rule #122 dont date softball mvps or any other athletic team players
                  a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
                  so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

only if she is good looking and the wife doesn't find out, would I give her a ride LOL
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

wife knows her well.. soooo

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                        Originally posted by KatanaO215

PA riders and passengers must wear a helmet unless they are over 18. That's weird how you guys have it up there; and I thought PA was bassackwards
                        tell me about it
                        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

see, i don't have that problem anymore...no bike

www.vwvortex.com
                          I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                          Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Originally posted by chriskatana
                            Rear cowl = no rear seat = no riders... EVER!
                            +1

Comment

I agree with Wildcat, 2 miles or 200 miles, it does'nt matter. If you are preaching to others about safety and so on, how can you be expected to take her on your bike without the least amount of safety equipment (helmet) You also never know when an idiot will run a red or not see you, then how bad would you feel if she's lying in ICU with brain damage. Better safe than sorry, just my 2 cents worth.
                              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
                              X