Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Riding without Insurance - is this someone you know?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding without Insurance - is this someone you know?

So I was curious how many people on here ride (or knows of someone that rides) without insurance, registration or license?

For me, it wasn't even a possibility to ride without the above 3. However, a younger brother of mine in college, doesnt have all 3. And he finds it to be a norm because all his buddies dont carry credentials neither. Some of them consider it a waste of time to get a license...

Is it just me or is the next generation of riders a bit callous when comes to law?
    2001 GSXF 600

They just have to get pulled once running like that. I don't know about other states, but here in A-T-L, G-A, If you gots no "papers" you go to jail and your vehicle gets impounded.

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT ...... NO FUN THERE, DUDE !!!
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

In Portugal is easy, you get caught without any of those and you do jailtime period. Lack of driver license is a public offense, without registration or insurance means illegal vehicle on public road = crime.
      Too old to dream, too young to reason...
      I am fond of my rough edges.
      sigpic

Comment

Keep it legal. For the cost compared to the fines...... legal is cheaper. You may think it's cool now but wait till you have cherries and blueberries flashing behind you. And if they think they are going to run, they will end up in the back of an ambulance or in the morgue due to the lack of riding experience.

Comment

Originally posted by David F C View Post
          In Portugal is easy, you get caught without any of those and you do jailtime period. Lack of driver license is a public offense, without registration or insurance means illegal vehicle on public road = crime.
          .... and there ya go .....

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
          Keep it legal. For the cost compared to the fines...... legal is cheaper. You may think it's cool now but wait till you have cherries and blueberries flashing behind you. And if they think they are going to run, they will end up in the back of an ambulance or in the morgue due to the lack of riding experience.

.... also good advise ...
          Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 02-05-2009, 07:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I know some of the guys that I ride with, that ride liter SS bikes, don't even bother to get the bike registered or have their licenses. Their logic behind it is "if a cop light's me up, i'll get away and they won't think twice about chasing." It's unfortunate that they have so little respect for the law. These are the reasons I get raped on insurance and it ****es me off to no end!

Comment

The thing people don't realize is that the cop that sees you has a radio to every other cop in the area.

"I've got a speeding reckless motorcycle headed East on Mainstreet."

That's all it takes. The fuzz will be on 'em like white on rice.
              Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by streebs93 View Post
                I know some of the guys that I ride with, that ride liter SS bikes, don't even bother to get the bike registered or have their licenses. Their logic behind it is "if a cop light's me up, i'll get away and they won't think twice about chasing." It's unfortunate that they have so little respect for the law. These are the reasons I get raped on insurance and it ****es me off to no end!
                Your wrong bro, they don't have respect for theyr LIVES! Most of those getaways ends up you paramedics scraping a biker a$$ from the pavement.
                And I know bikes can move preety fast, but not faster than radio waves or helicopters. Please do try to put some sense in your friends heads before we get another "biker KIA" thread...
                Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                I am fond of my rough edges.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fullmetal View Post
                  The thing people don't realize is that the cop that sees you has a radio to every other cop in the area.

"I've got a speeding reckless motorcycle headed East on Mainstreet."

That's all it takes. The fuzz will be on 'em like white on rice.
                  This is true, but if they get up on the Interstate the cops will never catch them, and that is exactly what they bank on. Especially since they have no plates they really have no way to identify the bike, except by color.

Comment

One of my apprentices at work has (or should say had) a new r6 which was his first bike. He bought it through yamaha financing and didnt require him to have full coverage so since he was only 18 and barely making the payment he took liability insurance. I told him he would be screwed WHEN he dropped his bike but he said he would never drop it. Less than a week later he was riding down the highway when the car in front of him threw a piece of a truck tire between his fender and tire. He did a stoppie in the middle of the highway going over the handlebars and the bike running him over. He had his gear w/ him, In his backpack since he said it was too hot to wear. Now he has a totaled $12000 bike taking up his garage. that he has to pay off and have nothing to show for it. If anyone wants to throw away money I can give you my address Luckily other than major road rash and alot of bruises and pain he walked away.
                    05 Kat 600
                    Yoshi RS3
                    Bar Risers
                    Road Attacks
                    Fumoto Valve
                    Corbin Seat w / backrest
                    Sportech black chrome windscreen
                    Custom garage door opener

Comment

I dunno Streebs... sounds like the riders I wouldn't want to be associated with. If your with them and they run, I wouldn't want to be the lone duckling the po-po actually catch up with. Yikes... sounds scary!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

This is true, but if they get up on the Interstate the cops will never catch them, and that is exactly what they bank on. Especially since they have no plates they really have no way to identify the bike, except by color.
                        Now that is where they are wrong. The bird in the air will not loose you unless you ditch in a heavily wooded or populated area. There was a video on this site with a copter following a dude on a bike doing all kinds of high speeds. They followed him to his home and did catch him. And I believe this was done at night.

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
                          I dunno Streebs... sounds like the riders I wouldn't want to be associated with. If your with them and they run, I wouldn't want to be the lone duckling the po-po actually catch up with. Yikes... sounds scary!
                          I don't ride with them much, just when they come around to go out to the bike races at Road America in June. But if that did ever happen i don't know what I would do. I know I wouldn't run, but would the cops get me for something? If that's the case I know a couple guys I won't be riding with anymore. Its a shame because the guys are cool and their bikes are HOT, but I'm not going to put myself at risk for their dumb decisions.

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                          Now that is where they are wrong. The bird in the air will not loose you unless you ditch in a heavily wooded or populated area. There was a video on this site with a copter following a dude on a bike doing all kinds of high speeds. They followed him to his home and did catch him. And I believe this was done at night.
                          I live in a relatively small city and I don't think we have a chopper, but man would that be a crazy ride getting chased by a heli I don't think id be up for that one
                          Last edited by streebs93; 02-05-2009, 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah, I dunno how that works. It's not a scenario that I'd like to either find out or experience. That and I suck at lying to cops, they get me every time. I just don't lie to em anymore
                            Last edited by GytRDunKat; 02-05-2009, 07:52 PM.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I don't ride with them much, just when they come around to go out to the bike races at Road America in June. But if that did ever happen i don't know what I would do. I know I wouldn't run, but would the cops get me for something? If that's the case I know a couple guys I won't be riding with anymore. Its a shame because the guys are cool and their bikes are HOT, but I'm not going to put myself at risk for their dumb decisions.
                              Riding with another bike doing the speed limit. Trooper goes to pull us both over. I'm the only one who stops, other guy guns it and passes a car in front of us.

Cop was very nice as he wrote me a ticket for "Reckless driving, estimated 98+ in a 45".

Tried to fight it in court... and was laughed at, by both the judge and the Officer.

Trust me... If they run... you might get some backlash even if you don't think your doing anything wrong.

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                              X