No announcement yet.
X

What to do about scratched plastics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, here are the pics of the damage. It's not as bad as I remembered, but it still hurts to look at it.

I'm thinking I can just take off the stickers, sand it down and repaint it?

If you go to http://www.jdsnow.net/Photos/Motorcycle/Damage/view you can zoom in on them to get closer views of the damage.
    Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Minor damages! You came out well

IMHO: remove the stickers, take down the very tops of the rough spots, fill it in with Fusor brand plasticine repair and then sand it smooth. Paint and either resticker or go for something bling like the Euro GSXF logos.

For that matter, you could probably just ride it as-is

KNOW THIS:
      Undo your bar handles and lay them against (or stack above) each other on a flat table. If one of them has even slightly more bend to it than the other, replace it, otherwise it will be a source of vibration at the handlebars that you will want to blame on other parts...

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah I decided they were pretty minor after I saw them again. As for the bar handles (and everything else for that matter) they seem mechanically sound. Nothing is out of the ordinary except for the better handling with the new back tire.

Next weekend I'm going to try to start getting the stickers off and start working on the plastic. I was actually thinking of the GSXF logos, but I'm going to try to look at everything I can find and try to do something that not everybody has.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Uhhh that sucks, just exactly as mine. =(
          Sliders would have prevented that in our case.
          A piece of advice:
          Get some paint remover and completely strip the handle,pillion.
          It will look much better that way.
          Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

some nice rash, are you ok though?
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I'm ok.. I was sore for a couple days, but not even a scratch or bruise on me. I probably would've had some bruises without the armored jacket...

Comment

From the pics it definately looks like you could get away with a good sanding and some paint, and whatever decals you decide.
                "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

Working...
                X