X

Projects: BIG and small

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just 2 4-5" midrange speakers should work

Now you've got me thinking about putting some in my solo cowl, and fitting a small amp in there....

Comment

Ahhhh, alright. Well I had the idea that tweeters took the audio and just took out all the bass. Thanks for telling me in advanced. Well, then instead of tweeters, I'll just buy some really small 1"-2" speakers for my front. (facing me) so that I'm able to hear it better at any given speed.

and for EVERYONE that missed it, I know they aren't covered up at the moment. I'll be covering them up to protect them from the elements. I just didn't have the money to do everything at the moment. they can stand a week's worth of wear on them just fine while I get everything I need to cover them.

................spending THAT much on speakers (Kuryakyan Sounds of Chrome Set) is utterly ridiculous.
      Last edited by Lil' G; 01-13-2009, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' G View Post
        ................spending THAT much on speakers (Kuryakyan Sounds of Chrome Set) is utterly ridiculous.
        Not if it works

Now all that chrome...don't know about that one
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Led's Came in and I was able to play with them a bit.

NOTE: This is not the final product. Only the first rendition of it. I will be making a new LED bracket and playing with the idea, putting more LED's in there, making it look better. And the bracket holding the license plate, well, I was in a hurry so I left the framing holding the previous tail section. I'm going to hack it off and make my own, as it will look more appealing.

And in the last photo, it's also a good shot of my side view mirrors (mounted on the backside of the turn signals)
          Attached Files

Comment

Got another shot of your mirrors?

I can't wait to see how these light up, I'm liking the idea
            Last edited by sporty_drew; 02-01-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Keep going man. I want to see finished product here.

Comment

Alright, just trying to jot down a few notes on what my new/future projects are.

I have more LED's coming in 100 x 27,000mcd white LED's, and 50(or 100, can't remember) 15,000mcd green LED's... I will be making another rendition of the integrated brake light/turn signal system. And another... and another... until I get it the way I want it. My friend has some 15,000 (or more, can't remember) Red LED's coming in, as I can use those as well. My new green ones will be for my glow kit.

I'll be painting the bike soon. As well as getting some pieces powdercoated. The scheme I'm going for is a White bike with Gold pieces (rims, decals, pegs, kickstand, bolts/screws, rear sprocket, chain, as well as some other pieces). I"ve already bought the Metallic Gold decals.

I'm thinking of a way to make a flip-up license plate... Not sure, but playing with the idea of small hydrolics or something... small pistons, when initiated, push/pull the license plate.

Still in the process of looking for some decent, yet small (2" round) speakers so that I man mount them near the dash somewhere facing me... allowing me to fully hear my speaker system. And I'm planning on buying some sort of heavy duty cloth to protect the speakers in my undertail. The cloth would allow protection, as well as easy replacement/cleanup, and still provides excellent sound quality. I thought about some acrylic or plexiglass, but that may muffle the speakers too much, so I'll attempt to stay away from that.

I bought a drill press (great deal at a yard sale ) and am now able to drill MUCH more precise hols for the brake light/turn signal LED's. Now I'm thinking about using a peg bored piece instead of sheet metal. I'm playing with the idea anyway...

I had more ideas......... but I forgot them. Oh well...

Comment

This has caught my attention...I am looking forward to the final product. For the flip up license plate, I am pretty sure I have seen something like that on the market. Used servos and a piano hinge or something of the like.
                  Keep the pics coming!
                  -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
                  -My wife

Comment

just had an idea, and wanted to write it down.

It may be a totally bad idea, but what if I was to paint my bike white... and before I clearcoated it, mask on an image using painters tape.. then clear coat the whole thing, pull off the tape and possibly have a 'hidden' image in the clearcoat that is visible from slight angles...

I don't know.. just thinking... sounds kind of weird now that I actually type it. Lol...

Comment

That means the design would not have clear on it right?

Sounds bad...chips and sun fading and such...
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

alright... that's kind of what I was looking for, a reason to deter me from doing it, lol. I figured that there may have been something completely wrong with the idea.

That said, since I'm getting into buying tools and such, I've decided to make myself a workbench.

that will be my guide, though It will be a bit taller and probably a bit wider. I'm 19 and don't have a stockpile of tools. Just the basics, plus a dremel, drill-press, soldering iron, and then some. And I could use a place in which to mess with my ideas.

THAT'S what I'm trying to model my bike after... with a few differences, but that is the idea I'm going for. That paint scheme would go great with any sport bike in my opinion.

Comment

I like your paint scheme. I've been wanting to do white and some color, just can't decide. The gold would look perfect
                          Last edited by sporty_drew; 02-01-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

That paint scheme would look great. Black and gold would be good too.
                            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

does anyone know anything about hydrolics? maybe that's not even what I'm thinking of. I'm looking for small rods and push and pull with activated/initiated. I'm needing some that are roughly 6-10 inches, and I need to know how to use them... (and damn it if any of that DIDN'T sound gay. )

Comment

I'd personally go about it with some servos because of the space needed for hydraulics and the noise from them.
                                Last edited by sporty_drew; 02-01-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X