Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [need opinion] crash-pads of home made

Hi,

I have purchased a home made crashes:

Could You please say what do You think about the method of installing it onto the frame.
    I worry about that the field of touching it with the frame is too small :/
    TasmaN
    Suzi GSXF 750 + IXIL

Suzuki GSXF Forum [PL]:
    www.gsxf.pl

There are a few options out there including the sliders made by ontariokatana and Braunstein82, both are members on this site and both options have a mount that bolts to the frame. Really is the only option we have for the Katana.

Obvious worries are whether or not the frame would be bent as a result. Hope you never have to find out.
    R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Anytime I ever installed Frame sliders on bikes that did not have a mount hole available, I drilled the frame then installed a steel bushing and welded it into place. If you drill the hole a size or two larger then the OD of the bushing it gives a gap for the weld to hold better and stronger and allows for it to be a flush mount.
      Then just simply bolt the frame slider to the frame just like any other bike.

Then there are the bolt on brackets available as well from Ontariokatana.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I've always thought they should actually be attached to the front engine mounting instead of to the frame, given the construction of the Kat... But I've never done it

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i welded my frame sliders on, but as a shadetree fabricator, i wouldn't trust homemade stuff unless i did it. if you didn't do it yourself, take it to a welder (professional)
          thoughts create things

Comment

All your post helped me. I'm a new owner of a 2001 GSX-F. I have only been actually riding for 2 weeks. I have Suzuki MC shops here in Panama city, fl that I will go to for these sliders or crash pads. What the correct term so I won't look crazy?
            2001 GSX 750-F Katana

"Greeneyedream"

Comment

Frame sliders
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
              X