Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Any particular brand of riding gear you guys prefer???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this giveaway you speak of and how does it work?
    I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
    --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

I have Joe Rocket, Fieldsheer and First Gear. IMHO, JR is the best for the budget, Fieldsheer the best gear (except zippers blew out on me too often- FS says they have upgraded their zippers) and First Gear looks the coolest.

Can't comment on other brands, though.
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
        I have Joe Rocket, Fieldsheer and First Gear. IMHO, JR is the best for the budget, Fieldsheer the best gear (except zippers blew out on me too often- FS says they have upgraded their zippers) and First Gear looks the coolest.
        I've never had a problem with the zipper in my Hydrotour, and I've been wearing it for a year now, almost constantly, other than when it's too hot.

Just my .02.

Comment

mostly icon

also my old shoei helmet and love my alpine stars gloves, cowboy boots and jeans
          sigpic
          Pepe Bouchard

Comment

I had a JR speedmaster jacket and pants but they've been replaced with a Teknic suit for the next while. Hopefully for long enough for me to loose enough weight and save up some cash for a spyke suit.

And my KBC VR-1 is gonna be replaced by a Scorpion EXO-700 or 1000.
            Kyle

Comment

My T-shirt is Hanes, my shorts are nike and my flip-flops are generic... My sunglasses are Ray-bans though!

-----------------------------------------

More seriously, I have stuff from all over the globe, and pay attention to the stitching & build quality far more than the name brand. The best stuff I have is all German (Polo stores, a German motorcycle-accessory chain).

On the Joe Rockets, I've had three or four of their jackets (hate changing waistlines!), and the stuff varied highly (blaster wasn't great, sonic was), although it seems to be getting better each generation of revisions.

Alpine-Stars and Dainese don't fit me these days, and even when I was waif-thin, they didn't fit well because of my barrel-chest.

Which raises an interesting point: no name stuff that's well-made and fits well is ten times better than name-brand that's improperly sized to you!

What am really picky about is helmets. I love Nolans, hate HJC's, and most of the others fall somewhere in-between.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

Last edited by The CyberPoet; 12-22-2008, 10:24 AM.
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Afx fx-16 helmet
                Icon merc 2 and motorhead jacket
                shift race gloves-suck for cold protection
                icon jeans
                regular skateboard type sneakers with the laces under the tongue,Im flat footed so they are the only footwear that seem to feel comfortable to me
                1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Originally posted by quik89Kat View Post
                  Afx fx-16 helmet
                  Icon merc 2 and motorhead jacket
                  shift race gloves-suck for cold protection
                  icon jeans
                  regular skateboard type sneakers with the laces under the tongue,Im flat footed so they are the only footwear that seem to feel comfortable to me
                  so am I
                  actually i broke both feet falling off a loft, and have to wear supports in some shoes because I have no arches
                  I could not stand my sidi's and my Thor Mx boots were torture.

My Vega Nitro boots are awesome
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Shoei X 11 lid in solid black

Vanson cobra 2 vented leather jacket

Vanson vented leather pants that zip to jacket

Sidi drag race boots with good insoles. Im waiting on the new jorocket drag boot but they are not out yet.
                    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

I got all Icon stuff, got it all for less an $1k.
                      Icon Alliance SSR Battlecry Helmet in Black (Got a Tinted Silver face shield also)
                      Icon Timax Mesh Jacket (Not my first choice, I wanted the Battlecry leather but they only had plus sizes)
                      Icon Merc Mesh Pants
                      Icon Superduty 2 Boots
                      Icon Timax gloves (With the Titanium nuckles)

Got it all on Kneedraggers.com, their pretty quick and give prompt service.
                      Grab life by the horns and punch it in the nose!

sigpic

Comment

I do not have any favorite brand. I get what fits and is seems well made.
                        Icon Motorhead Leather jacket.
                        Teknic Chicane Leather Pants
                        First Gear overpants (Fleece lined and padded, really warm in winter.)
                        A* Boots
                        This year I got a JR mesh coat for summer.

Comment

Arai Profile helmet, Olympia Moto Sports Air GT Transition 3in1 jacket, Alpine* S-MX1 boots, & I can't remember the brand of gloves, I'm at work and can't check them. A good mix of all brands
                          '06 Katana 750

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me!

Comment

Shoei RF-1000
                            Feildsheer Johnny Cool Mesh Jacket
                            First Gear Stealth Pilot Leather Jacket
                            Hein-Gericke leather pants
                            Thor-MX gloves for hot, Olympia Wind-Tex for mid-range, No-Name Thinsulate gloves with leather outside and a nylon mitten stored in the cuff for Oh-My-God-It's-Cold
                            Batesville Desert boots
                            Danner Ft Lewis Go-Devil boots for winter

The lid... Some folks have Shoei-shaped heads and some folks have HJC-shaped heads. Bell and Shoei work for me. The Shoei costs (a lot) more but I like long days on the bike and if I'm spending all this time with my head in a bucket it may as well be a comfortable bucket.

The jackets... The First Gear has been outstanding! I've had it now for 17 years and it's still going strong. Only problem is that it's all black and the military recently decided that's not visible enough. The Fieldsheer has all kinds of color for daytime and reflective piping for the night. That takes care of the visibility. It fits me well, even with my ape-arms, and the construction on it seemed much better than the equivilant JR jackets. Love the mesh!

The pants... Bought them in Germany. I don't wear them all the time, just for days when I'm planning nothing but riding. I still feel a little like a gigalo wearing them.

Gloves... Not at all picky about the brand and I haven't tried any with the armored knuckles. Plan to in the future. I did have a pair of Fieldsheer gloves that lasted me about 15 years including one light get-off. They had rivets along the heel of the hand and they worked perfectly. The hand slid, the leather held. I'd recommend them to anyone but I do get picky about trying gloves on before I buy them. No local dealer, no Fieldsheer gloves...

Boots... What I've got is what the military has given me. Gore-Tex is a good thing, so is leather and the price can't be beat. I've thought about looking into some boots designed for riding though. Has anyone gone from lace-up boots to touring boots? Did you go back or would you do it again? I'm mostly interested in long riding days. Short days are mostly commuting and I wear what I need to have when I get to work.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I prefer the Shoei brand of helmets

Comment

Working...
                              X