X

Weird or Wonderful?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird or Wonderful?

I was browsing the web for different pictures of Katanas & came across this, not sure what I think, wish there was better pics though.
    ">
    Last edited by delaney917k; 10-31-2008, 08:22 AM.

First Gen. Kat. with aftermarket fairing lowers, I think.

1Gen's are not my cup of tea- styling is too, well, "Japaniese" for my taste, but that's just me.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I think the front clip resembles the bandit...

Comment

kinda kewl....it's like eww gross when you 1st look at it then you stare and your like hmm not too bad i grues...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

IMHO they look better without the after market lowers.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Interesting that you would call it Japanese-ie. Since its design was developed by target DESIGN in Germany. Hans Muth is still designing in the motorcycle industry. Some of his concepts have made it into the BMW line as well.

Comment

looks pretty good i think,

Comment

Ooh I think I like it! I picture zipping thru cyber-age Tokyo streets!

Comment

It's a Hammer It lower fairing apparently, I just wish there was pictures from other angles.

Comment

I think I actually like it more with the lower fairing...

Originally posted by Phil the Thrill View Post
                    Interesting that you would call it Japanese-ie. Since its design was developed by target DESIGN in Germany. Hans Muth is still designing in the motorcycle industry. Some of his concepts have made it into the BMW line as well.
                    Yup. Hans is cool to talk/ride/drink with, and always has something interesting going on, or at least did the last time I ran into him in person about 15 years ago. Last time I spoke with Hans-Georg Kasten (team leader on the Kat ED-1/ED-2 project) in '03, he was working heavily in the car realms & consumer products, but had fond memories of his Kat development days (and yes, I wrote most of the Wikipedia entry).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah, now that you mention it, I have heard that. Rethinking it, let me say this:

The styling is dated. Still don't like it.
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

ya i dont think i like it to much, but cool i guess

i was thinking the same thing,like a bandit

Comment

pretty slick bike for something that old .. styling was just getting started .. nice find
                          so many roads so little time

Comment

I would trade my 98 for it. i think it looks 50x better.

Comment

Working...
                            X