No announcement yet.
X

Why dont cops wear gear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Blue, do you think they would let you keep the Harely at your house to add to your stable. And you do realize that if you do start riding one, I'm gona have to rag on you a bit
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      Hey Blue, do you think they would let you keep the Harely at your house to add to your stable. And you do realize that if you do start riding one, I'm gona have to rag on you a bit
      No room, even if they did. (and they wouldn't) Those freakin' things are huge. I did drive one a couple of times, to bring it for maintenance and such. Obviously, they're a lot different than a GSXR600. I kept chirping the back tire from trying to downshift at too high of an RPM. Also wasn't use to having the controls up front and being able to shift with my heel. I did, however, manage to scrape the floorboard...when I pulled into the parking lot with my a$$ off the seat and my knee sticking out. 8)
      I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Now THAT'S what we need a pic of !
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Too bad you can't bring one to the Gap and rail it..... that would make a awsome photoshoot
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Cop gear is pretty much derived from the traditional horse riding gear for mounted police. Stoopid, but true...
            '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Hell the cops that ride horses around here wear more gear than the bike cops do....

Comment

A few years back we actually had cops on CBR's patrolling where people like to cruise and drag race. I didn't think about it at the time but they had suprisingly little gear on. Especially to be chasing the racers.

Comment

Cops here in the Pac NW wear FirstGear HT gear in the winter. I'm not sure about summer, 'cause I haven't seen any when it's warm enough not to need a jacket.

Comment

Well I asked a cop here in NYC and they said the dept. didn't provide full gear. As for full face helmets they can always get the ones you lift the whole front part of it. I think is all about money. Do you know what cops in NYC get paid? As for the bullet proof vest, yeah thay can stop some bullets but as someone wrote ealier thay are paper thin(exageration BTW). It's too bad because I've seen moto cops go down and it can get ugly!

Comment

Interesting question. Most police departments have a web site for questions. This one might best be posed back to them.
                      What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

I thought this was pretty cute. How's this for safety equipment?
                        Attached Files
                        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

This was the picture I was really lokking for. Poster boys for roadrash baby
                          Attached Files
                          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by crypt dog View Post
                            we dont have bike cops round here probley cause all the gear in tha world wouldnt protect them from kentucky drivers they suck S. oh wait but we do have cops on bicycles funny huh any ways id probley have more respect for copers if they did ride bikes (katanas of course) bye bye now
                            MC cops and mountain bike cops are quite different, and serve different roles. Mountain bike cops are basically replacements for cops "walikng a beat," community policing.

Just pointing out the difference, not ragging on what you said.
                            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Its the the same reason they talk on their cell phones and speed with no lights on... Cause they are cops and dont have too...
                              Just my 2cents
                              2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

Originally posted by 2K5GSX600F View Post
                                Even better they ride BMWs!
                                I saw one here on a Honda ST1300 (I think)
                                I spent a few minutes trying to flag him down to ask about his bike when I was looking to buy one before I got the Kat. I figure who better to tell me about how a bike rides/handles than someone spending 8 hrs a day on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X