No announcement yet.
X

Dropped the Kat Saturday - Everything but the ego is ok

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on your first roll!! Battle Damage rocks...Just clear coat it!!!
    "The Strongest Steel Must Be Forged In The Hottest Fires"

Comment

Originally posted by XSNomad View Post
      Someone once told me "There are 2 kinds of riders. Those that have wrecked and those that will." Welcome to the A team.

what kinda retard told you that?

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki4life View Post
        what kinda retard told you that?

+1
        That is the entire "name" of the game. Not to fall down today.
        It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

I drive my Kat and my Ascot all around my yard. I live up on a hill and my backyard is quite challenging. I have even had it thru the woods behind my house; very very challenging. I rode motocross for years and I can tell you the trick, for slow speed maneuvering, is to rev up the bike and slip the clutch. I have heard people refer to is as the “friction” zone. I went on an Ontario Provincial Police gold helmet training last week and I was very surprised that the instructor never mentioned the technique. Not to brag but I never hit one cone all day. I heard someone say that it was because I had a small bike but then I heard another person comment about my high RPM. I have 2 sons that are riding Xr’s now and I have showed them both how to handle slow speed maneuvers. I trained my 8 year old to look over his shoulder, hold the brake and rev the bike: he can negotiate very tight turns and now only falls off when he gets scared and intentionally ejects himself……

Just my 2 cents

PS I did drop my Kat, that is why I designed the sliders, but it was in a car wash trying to put it on the center stand………………………
          Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
          http://www.burley1.ca

Comment

Originally posted by tnvatdreamland View Post
            +1
            That is the entire "name" of the game. Not to fall down today.
            got local riders with nearly 50 years under their belts....zero accidents, drops or crashes.

I personally have over 20 of the same years.

Not everyone crashes. If you drop your bike, the odds are YOU made a bad choice.

Originally posted by ontariokatana View Post
            I drive my Kat and my Ascot all around my yard. I live up on a hill and my backyard is quite challenging. I have even had it thru the woods behind my house; very very challenging. I rode motocross for years and I can tell you the trick, for slow speed maneuvering, is to rev up the bike and slip the clutch. I have heard people refer to is as the “friction” zone. I went on an Ontario Provincial Police gold helmet training last week and I was very surprised that the instructor never mentioned the technique. Not to brag but I never hit one cone all day. I heard someone say that it was because I had a small bike but then I heard another person comment about my high RPM. I have 2 sons that are riding Xr’s now and I have showed them both how to handle slow speed maneuvers. I trained my 8 year old to look over his shoulder, hold the brake and rev the bike: he can negotiate very tight turns and now only falls off when he gets scared and intentionally ejects himself……

Just my 2 cents

PS I did drop my Kat, that is why I designed the sliders, but it was in a car wash trying to put it on the center stand………………………

I would like to see the clamp you use..what prevents it from sliding up the frame upon impact?
            Last edited by suzuki4life; 10-08-2008, 08:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The impact force is in the opposite direction.
              Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Comment

I do not want to jack this thread. If anyone has any questions regarding my sliders please PM me.

2004 600 Kat

Comment

Shiet Happens!!!

Comment

glad you're okay!! I dropped mine a couple of nights ago in my friends driveway. I threw all of my weight in the opposite directions and let her hit the ground like a feather. Not a scratch on her. This was the second time I let her down in this manner and came out with no visible damage...
                    [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Working...
                    X