X

Gas on my garage floor...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas on my garage floor...

I woke this morning to the smell of gas and to my horror, found my kat with a slow bleed. There is a tennis ball size spot of gas under her and I can see that it is coming from the area around the fuel petcock nob.
    I ride to work every day (except today) and didn't have any trouble yesterday. Only difference was that I switched to reserve to make it home and left her parked on the side stand with the nob in the reserve position.
    Here is my question...do you surmize that it is from being parked in the reserve position or do you think I have a more serious problem to address?

Cheers,
    Izzy
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

uhhh sounds to me like you might have a stuck carb float or a rotted line
    Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by izzy View Post
      Here is my question...do you surmize that it is from being parked in the reserve position or do you think I have a more serious problem to address?

Cheers,
      Izzy
      no. leaving it reserve will not cause it to leak. As already mentioned it could be coming from the carbs, but you said it appears to be coming from the petcock area. take the plastics and lift the tank to see where it is coming from. You may just have a loose or leaky fuel line.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

yeah could be a loose are rotted fuel line....you might not have noticed yesterday, it it might have cracked up or loosened up on your ride home

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice...I'll pull the plastics off tonight and start digging in.
          -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
          -My wife

Comment

look for the easy first
            Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

My best guess: cracked fuel line or the o-ring that seals the petcock to the tank. Both are easy fixes.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X