No announcement yet.
X

Highway Riding Tips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went for a 150 mile ride tonight, I got about 20 miles of two lane road practice in. I see what you mean about riding behind a semi. Wow, the air is very un-stable behind them. Stayed loose, kept an eye out for cagers, and enjoyed the ride! I need to figure out a replacement seat though. My butt went numb on me after about 40 miles and my hips hurt! Can't wait till tomorrow now. 110 miles one way!

Comment

I watch for a color change in the road's surface. A change in color, even if it's just a patch, can indicate gravel, sand, water, debris, an object, etc.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by jcv400ex View Post
        Went for a 150 mile ride tonight, I got about 20 miles of two lane road practice in. I see what you mean about riding behind a semi. Wow, the air is very un-stable behind them. Stayed loose, kept an eye out for cagers, and enjoyed the ride! I need to figure out a replacement seat though. My butt went numb on me after about 40 miles and my hips hurt! Can't wait till tomorrow now. 110 miles one way!
        Saddle time will help more than anything, but it's not a bad excuse to buy a Corbin from Cyber.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by jcv400ex View Post
          PM me when you're ready for the replacement seat (I'm the discount Corbin rep).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by ken123allen View Post
            all of this is super advice. the only thing i can think of to add is to STAY HYDRATED!!!! especially at this time of year. drink plenty of fluids before you go.
            I second, third, and fourth that one. I did a lot of riding yesterday, didn't hydrate properly, and paid for it.

Comment

Working...
            X