No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yesterday installed the yosh RS3 zyclone...literally 15 minutes...took her out today to have a listen....a little louder than expected, but i think i'll get used to it ...lovin it already...and yes...i put in the noise reducer...without it was a bit much...especially for the neighbours...too many new borns in the area. FWIW...got it via motorcycle superstore...was a very good experience.
    2004 GSX750F

Comment

• cleaned her then rode her

Comment

• I finaly put a k&n air filter in my pre 750. while tearing it apart I found that the old oem filter was so clogged that it seperated from the velocity plate and was sitting right on top of the 2 inner carb inlets. took it for a ride right after and man does she scream now !!!! I highly recomend the K&N air filter for the pre's it made a lot of difference in my bike. looking to put the Vance & Hines 4 in to 1 exsaust on next .
        "Life is hard partner, but it's harder when your stupid"

Comment

• Opened my garage and looked at her.. And said man i wish i was riding!!! lol Big family cookout, buying fireworks, and all that other 4th of July fun!! Today it's raining so i will take my fairings off again and put two bolts back into my tank bracket.. After putting her back together friday night i mysteriously forgot where they went...lol I know that's not a good thing but at least i didnt rider her without em.. She's running great now CP, Awesome plugs!! Got my speedbleeders in Friday also.. Woohooo!!.. Sadly.. Tomorrow it's back to work for me... But she's road ready now..
          sigpic

Comment

• mesh mod and replaced turn signals
            pveity = 100%

Comment

• Put 6 months registration on her. $125.15

Comment

• Finally rode her! I spent the weekend putting her back together after looking at the pieces all spring. The saga: I went to adjust the valves in April before I synced the carbs. I got the valve cover off and found little bits all over. Turns out the spring keepers for one of the #4 intake valves had come off, allowing the valve to stay open when the piston came up. Piston hits valve, bends valve stem, valve guide comes apart and gouges up the combustion chamber. Massive imbalance ensues. Add a not-particularly-competent machine shop and you get to replace 3 valves with bent stems, a valve guide, re-install the valve guide after it goes in crooked, a valve seat that doesn't quite line up right with the new valve guide and about $200 worth of seals and gaskets. OOF! Good news is that I'm back on the road as of today and ready to sync the carbs after I run a tank or so of fresh gas through them. Oh, and the Kat is running like new! Now to get that cruise control finally installed!
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• After wrenching on it for a week and it's still not purring like I want it to, I took it into the dealership to have the pros look at it. Say a prayer for me.
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

• took some aircraft stripper to the smooth part of the wheels.. taped that off, painted the spokes and everything else flat black.. then pulled the tape and took some mothers aluminum polish to my fancy new wheels man that took some blood and sweat!! i dont know if ill ever strip the paint off a wheel ever again!! but wow.. it was worth it..

Comment

• Finally got my 4.5 rim in time to do a lil spit n polish on it !
                      Joker
                      The newest addition to the Family!
                      sigpic
                      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

• put the new tail light cover on, cleaned the exhaust pipe, <- brasso metal cleaner + a green brillo pad works wonders on grease and grime and brake on the pipe. i am going to get in there with a rag and clean as much by hand than just spraying it with a hose. then im going to price out how much i can paint it for. either by myself or through a paint shop.
                        "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

• Synced and tuned my carbs after their full cleaning and rebuild. Throttle is really responsive now.... just a little turn makes the bike go really fast....

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• I got to watch paint dry and ordered some turn signals
                            I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
                            --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

• I took her for a ride. When we were almost home...she said "No, I want more!". So, we kept going....

Comment

• Checking it over ,getting ready for the RALLY !!
                                sigpic

RIP CP
                                50th Anniv R6
                                95 Katana 600
                                http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Working...
                                X