No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had been riding to work all this week. I didn't feel like riding today though.
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• Started sanding the body down the fairings and purchased another crush washer. Hopefully when I change the crush washers the drip from the drain plug will stop
      Former Marine 3/97-3/01
      MOS 0161 Semper FI!
      sigpic

Comment

• paid for two more parts, shipping hopefully tomorrow!

and i was riding today and i am pretty sure i made it to almost 45 degrees in a lean for the first time ever. awesome feeling! if not 45 degrees, then definitely the lowest i have gotten. and i knew i was in complete control the whole time!
        "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

• Ordered Fieldsheer Expander Saddlebags, chain wax, and an oil filter from the Motorcycle Superstore. The saddlebags were on sale. Looking forward to that first trip to the Ozarks in Arkansas with these mounted.

Comment

• Last weekend it was an oil change and chain cleaning. I painted my wind scree flat black. This weekend im going to do a white Punisher skull on it. But im on it riding back in forth just about every day.
            "A man who won't die for anything is not fit to live." MLK Jr

Comment

• Got it buttoned up from adjusting the valves, replacing cam chain tensioner, cleaning/synching the carbs and cleaning/lubing the chain. Runs like a raped-ape now and doesn't sound like a sewing machine anymore.

Took it for about a 5 mile ride after I got it all done and a storm started blowing in like crazy. Barely beat the weather to my house!

Sure feels good to be back on the bike though.
              - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
              2005 F4i -

Comment

• Brakes , Brakes, and more Brakes! those bad boys were SHOT!
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

• Got all the tumbling stones out of my tank and started electrolysis. It has made a surprising amount of progress already. Also bought new fuel filters. Should be ready to try firing her up in a couple days.
                  sigpic
                  »Ross Wendell
                  »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

• We did our 1st bike run together, about 137 mi with 3 stops.
                    2001 GSX 750-F Katana

"Greeneyedream"

Comment

• yesterday i found out i didnt have a vacuum hose even connected to the petcock. the reason it wouldnt run on prime, bought two feet of rubber hose, and taddaaahhh! perfect.
                      "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by labbatom90 View Post
                        yesterday i found out i didnt have a vacuum hose even connected to the petcock. the reason it wouldnt run on prime, bought two feet of rubber hose, and taddaaahhh! perfect.

That would do it!!

I removed plastix from my katbusa so far today. wiring the clock on mreedohio's bike since the post harness didn't have it. That is just this morning. I also watered the grass seed I put down. now for the rest of the day for the boys and enjoy the 84 degree high today.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• On Friday my oil drain plug, I must have stripped the threads , fell out while I was riding slicking up the back tire causing me to go down . I am fine but the Kat is a little banged up. I lost a mirror and added some new road rash to my bike. Awesome!!
                          Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                          MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Clean her up and rode her to my DK MC meeting. Also we took a family portrait...The Katana and I.
                            Last edited by greeneyedream; 04-26-2009, 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling
                            2001 GSX 750-F Katana

"Greeneyedream"

Comment

• Electrolysis is proceeding beautifully on the tank, should be good to go tomorrow. Got my fuel filters and lines hooked back up. Started sanding fairings in preparation for painting. Unfortunately it's not looking good for getting the bike back together before I need to head back to school on Tuesday. Looks like I'll be taking the car
                              sigpic
                              »Ross Wendell
                              »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodmysta View Post
                                On Friday my oil drain plug, I must have stripped the threads , fell out while I was riding slicking up the back tire causing me to go down . I am fine but the Kat is a little banged up. I lost a mirror and added some new road rash to my bike. Awesome!!
                                Crashed mine today too , dude .
                                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                                X