No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Compact Nautilus: When you absolutely, positively have to scare the crap out of every mudder fugger on the road--accept no substitutes!"

Yesterday I took the fairings off (thanks Sasquatch for pics!) and installed my new horn (thanks again, Malloc, for your installation post), and today I got it wired to go. I also put the fairings back on (yay!--no bark off either the fairings or my knuckles), and tested the horn.

Me LIKEY! I'm almost tempted to troll for some SIDSY bugger to help me test it.
    High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

• what type of horn did you install? I'm looking for a horn that roars like a tiger. Do you know where I can get one?
      2001 GSX 750-F Katana

"Greeneyedream"

Comment

• Originally posted by greeneyedream View Post
        what type of horn did you install? I'm looking for a horn that roars like a tiger. Do you know where I can get one?
        Don't know about roaring like a tiger, but this one is L-O-U-D (139 db 4" from the bell). It's a Compact Nautilus, made by Stebel (manufacturer's link here: http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index2006.htm - click "products", then "electropneumatics" then "nautilus compact series" --I can't get a direct link to the page).

There's an installation link I used here:
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...highlight=horn

Youtube search for Compact Nautilus will get you a sound, but won't do justice to the difference in volume.

Hope this helps!

(Oh, and of course I don't work for Stebel or any of that nonsense...I just really like this horn!)

Cheers,

EDIT: I checked your profile and now understand your reference to tigers. SENSATIONAL paint-job! That must have cost you an arm and a leg...so to speak. I hope you find a horn that sounds like a tiger...you might be able to get a custom P.A. horn for under your fairing and record a Tiger's roar? COOL idea, if you can pull it off!
        Last edited by Absyn-thesis; 03-23-2009, 02:48 AM.
        High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

• Flushed the brakes, lubed the clutch and rode her long and hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reno View Post
            Flushed the brakes, lubed the clutch and rode her long and hard.
            We ARE talking about your bike, right?
            High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

• Changed the oil and filter and got her started. Realized I didn't take out the battery and it may be time for a new one

Comment

• On Friday I bought a new battery and installed it. After a few turns, she fired right up. Rode her long and hard on Friday and Saturday....I'm still talking about my bike :-O

Saturday I rode her to the local Iron Pony to see if anything new came out since the weather was so nice. Bought a couple of rear flush mount signals for the rear because I didn't like the lil dinky ones that came with my bike. I'll post the before and after pics of that in a separate thread... I'm just happy she fired up after a few starts from a long winter!
                [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

• Frame sliders, and some stickers. So glad to get the sliders on!
                  02 Katana 600 R.I.P

Comment

• My kat is in the garage, waiting for the snow to get away...

Comment

• took off the ugly tank bra and just waiting to get warmer.

Comment

• i hope he is

Your talking about your bike right?
                        Last edited by greeneyedream; 03-23-2009, 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        2001 GSX 750-F Katana

"Greeneyedream"

Comment

• Finally gave it a much needed bath to clean up all the knooks and crannys. It was dark by the time I started putting my plastics back on, and I'm not totally convinced that I like the red on this Pro-Bolt fairing screw kit (dont think it's gonna match up with my translucent red from M & R). Sooo, if I get home in time today I'm gonna take a better look at the reds in daylight.
                          This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                          BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

• Rode mine to work, lunch, and back home.
                            R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

• opened up the garage and looked at it. got home from work and was exhausted. i didn't feel like working on it but i just had to look at it!
                              R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

• Put back together front forks and gauge cluster. Got new front tire mounted and pulled off the back wheel so I can get new tire mounted tomorrow.
                                sigpic
                                »Ross Wendell
                                »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Working...
                                X