• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i changed my spark plugs.

I also changed the oil.
    Last edited by benhur; 03-21-2009, 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Just looked @ it in the garage!! Waiting for my new plugs, so I can put some fresh ones in it!!
      ADRELINE JUNKIE!!!!!

"ALWAYS RESPECT WHAT'S IN BETWEEN YOUR LEGS"

sigpic

Comment

• KAT 1100 Valve Adjustment

I adjusted the valves on my Kat 1100 today.
        Some of the adjustments seemed tighter then the min spec.. I have heard that's not a good thing. I'm not sure when the valves were last adjusted, my guess is this is the first adjustment as all the bolts/nuts looked pretty fresh for 18K MILES. Even the timing nut looked untouched.

I'll start putting it all back together tomorrow, but I need to address the surface rust in the tank first.

I out the valves are the middle of the adjustment spectrum, Anyone have suggestions for adjustments to effect performance?

Comment

• Installed one of the driving lights I bought on the fork brace . Sit right on top of the fender , so it moves with the wheel . Gonna mount the other one when I'm SURE how I wanna do it , as it'll likely involve some drilling of plastic . LIKELY gonna go right under the headlight on the chin ....
          Last edited by md86; 03-22-2009, 02:30 AM.
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Rode it to get my ears lowered. In the last turn before turning into my neighborhood my left frame slider just . . . fell off. Still trying to figure out that one.

Comment

• Adjusted valves on my 92 Kat 600 (I hate shims). I think I can get everything in spec by just swapping a couple shims. The cams have some noticeable wear but everything is really clean and with >30k on the engine I can't complain too much.

replaced cam chain tensioner spring. The new spring was about 10mm longer than the one I pulled out.

Started washing the fairings in preparation for sanding and repainting.

Replaced brake lever and sidestand pivot bolts (both were bent/stripped from when the previous owner dropped it). The sidestand pivot is pretty beat, I might just switch to a centerstand. The brake lever is still a bit wobbly too, but it's alot better than it was.

Adjusted carb mixture screws to 2 turns out and did a visual synch.

Started cleaning up parts of the front forks so I can reassemble them tomorrow.
              sigpic
              »Ross Wendell
              »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

• Soldered the bad connections on my wire harness for my head lights. I believe that I have fix the problem for now, but I still need to get a new harness and a new starter switch assembly. I also figured out why my tail lights wouldn't light up when I hit the back brake. Now I just have to wait and see if the head lights stay on during a ride.

Fired her up and drove down some bumpy roads, head and tail lights are good. However, she was a little boggy while going through the gears ! Time for a tune up.
                Last edited by Woodmysta; 03-22-2009, 07:47 PM.
                Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                sigpic

Comment

• So Excited

i brought mine home from the beauty shop. Its looks great!
                  2001 GSX 750-F Katana

"Greeneyedream"

Comment

• Had my new sprocket installed. Thought about cleaning it and going riding, but I didn't make it out.
                    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

• Went to HD to get a wire brush for the drill, semi gloss rustoleum paint and sandpaper. Took the rust off the frame and then painted semi gloss. Really good match for the frame. It was beautiful today and really all this week. Can't wait to ride.
                      FROM WORK:
                      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

• I adjusted my valves, cleaned the carbs, and rebuilt the fuel petcock...put it all together just to find out my throttle cable got jamed up somehow...tearing it apart again tomorrow...sigh.
                        sigpic

Comment

• started on my seat today. adding padding to it and and recovering it in black with a blue stripe down the center! it is looking so sweet!
                          R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

• Today i went to go and install the new clutch and springs on my 89 600. Just to find out that the clutch that is on the bike is different then the one i bought. Did some searching on KR and come to find out i have a 92-97 600 engine+tranny on my 89. So now i have to go and order a new clutch and spring set tomorrow. And hope that the bike shop is done rebuilding my carbs.
                            91 Toyota MR2 (weekend toy/race car)
                            92 Toyota Paseo(daily driver 38+MPG)
                            89 Suzuki Katana 600 with a 93 engine (new daily driver/weekend toy)
                            89 600 clutch and springs for sale, brand new.

Comment

• Sanded down primer and sanded down tail light cover. Got all fairings redone and it should be ready to put back on the bike in a couple more days! Still have to re wet sand it all and buff out.
                              I'm super excited since the bike has been down all winter and I'm itching to ride!
                              Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

• T.C
                                How is it now at Ft Polk? Good riding from the base to the town
                                2001 GSX 750-F Katana

"Greeneyedream"

Comment

Working...
                                X