No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapped front turn signals for clear- did the mesh mod. Tomorrow she gets a bath and wax. There's STILL salt on the roads here.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Working on the oil temp gauge . WAY too much caffiene . Had to take a break to get some food/alocohol to counteract the cappucino . I got the shakes WAY bad !
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Left my Kat with the painter...Marpat here I come.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

• polished the machine finished stainless throttlemeister bar ends to a high glosss polish with Mothers mag Polish, dressed the welds inside the bars, and installed the throttlemeister.

went and tested it on the highway.

will be a serious hand saver on long highway rides.

plus, polished stainless bar ends look HAWT.

See My Garage for mods...
          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

• First stage polish on my forks.

At lastly for today, the one on the left has had it's second stage polish. Notice the colour starting to come up and the reflections are crisper and more detailed. Hard to capture with camera, but with the naked eye you can easily see the difference.
            Last edited by Astro4x4; 03-15-2009, 05:04 PM.
            2000 Katana 600
            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

• Originally posted by JayBell View Post
              . . . will be a serious hand saver on long highway rides.
              That is good to know, I want some sort of cruise and have heard mixed reviews about them.

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
              First stage polish on my forks.
              Looks great. How'd you go about doing it?

I have not done much to my bike. All plastics went to paint this week then I can finally ride my bike for the first real time.

Comment

• Went out for my 2nd ride this year 2day . Mid 50s here, ripped around Town & the beaches for a cpl hrs. Really liked my new winter mods, felt like a new bike. New Metzeler M-3 Hoops, ASV levers , NGK plugs , Vortec clip-ons and mesh mod & polished rims, new front EBC Dbl HH brake pads , cleaned and lubed everything. Feels good to be back @ it BTW I also cleaned up my shthse barn today looks very nice

Last edited by waveman; 03-15-2009, 06:09 PM.
                sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

• I was going to ride but instead decided to pull the air box and finally put the stock air filter in. Yes, do away with the Uni filter. And while I was at it, pull the carbs, clean and down size the main jets to 116's. Last season I threw in the 126's to see how it would run. It ran. Big deal. I'm done playing, this season is a ride only season.

Comment

• Trouble shooted my headlight and it was the socket. Cut the bad piece out and bypassed it. Headlight works now so all is well. Getting ready to make a mold of my braada cowl, so i can make it out of carbon at work. Pics soon hopefully.

Waveman, what are those gold things above your exhaust? Do they deploy your parachute? rocket boosters? Very nice bike by the way.
                    2005 Orange/ dark grey Katana 600

Comment

• Pulled the fairings, loaded on the trailer, and hauled it off to get it serviced.
                      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

• DROVE to work- and didn't have to. Stupid Weather Channel.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Originally posted by sporty_drew View Post
                          That is good to know, I want some sort of cruise and have heard mixed reviews about them.
                          seemed to work well.

I have a 3 mile stretch of highway local with no lights, so i got it up to cruising speed/gear, and locked it in.

Worked great, and could adjust up and down a little without a full release... since the TM extends in the direction of the throttle, if you plan on using it, just set it so it lightly engages, then when up to speed, use the ring/pinky together to lock it.

its a good addition for those long trips.

Comment

• JayBell- Ha! Gilbertsville...I used to live in Reading. When we were lost somewhere, we'd say- "I'm way out in Gilbertsville." How's the weather your way?

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                              JayBell- Ha! Gilbertsville...I used to live in Reading. When we were lost somewhere, we'd say- "I'm way out in Gilbertsville." How's the weather your way?

LOL... Gilbertsville is the sticks.

53 deg today, no rain.

Comment

• drove it like it was stolen
                                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
                                X