No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110 mile ride. We did the adventure bike thing and did some dirt miles up Oh My God road between Idaho Springs and Central City Colorado. Just had a snow storm and had some places that were icy but was a lot of fun. Just rolled 23,000 miles.
    Just over 1.5 years with the Kat and finally had it do the roll off the side stand right as I got home. Luckily it fell against me. I had made aluminum hand guard braces so I ended up grabbing it by that so luckily it did not meet the concrete!

Comment

• New front wheel bearings (picked up a howl from 50-58 mph a couple days ago), new front rotors, new brake pads, flushed & bled the brakes...think I have stopping covered for a while.

Now to find the time to install the B12 rear shock.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool4kats View Post
        That does look nice. What did you use to make the mirror extenders?
        Thanks. I'm happy with how they turned out and they definitely help with the rear view situation.

I ordered the plastic from McMaster-Carr: 4296A166

I also used these bolts: 92290A336
        Last edited by B-Man; 03-27-2015, 06:02 AM. Reason: Fixed web links.
        2005 Katana 750

Comment

• Paid Terry (Tmod) for his work on my rear 750 shock. Waiting for it to come in the mail now
          2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
          - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Man View Post
            Thanks. I'm happy with how they turned out and they definitely help with the rear view situation.

I ordered the plastic from McMaster-Carr: 4296A166

I also used these bolts: 92290A336
            Thanks!!
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Had a rear mirror break and fall off while riding down the road.
              Stupid ebay mirror quality junk.

Comment

• more bling

installed red grills and black fairing bolts (all around)
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                Pepe Bouchard

Comment

• Hey when my chain snapped afew months ago. It took a big chunk out of that ugly shovel so perfect time I did the shovel chop. Took me afew hours and a trip to Home Depot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Got out for a decent 140 mile test ride with my buddy on his new wr250r
                    . Was awesome and the Kat did great!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Derek939; 03-29-2015, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Got my engine more apart and ordered more parts.

Comment

• Rode into work this morning and had my first experience with heavy fog on a bike.
                        Needless to say it was interesting.

Comment

• Used my new Dremel for the first time.

More importantly, cut off those tangs on the headlights from the compression ring that sits on the headlight itself. I'm devising a plan to make my HID's work without cutting or destroying the headlamp housing.

- Aaron

Comment

• Double post! but I made more progress on my headlight build-up.

Got the OEM retaining clip to work from my headlight with the recessed washer from the headlamp (previous pic).

Think this will hold up against the bumpity-bumps on the road?

- Aaron

Comment

• Fairings back on and she's ready to get inspection and tags again. Time to get my riding legs back once again. I've also just ordered a new replacement bolt kit, this should be a better kit than the one I got many years ago.
                              Paladin

1996 GSX 600 F
                              Katana

Comment

• Nice on the powder coating.
                                Poor Kat sat still again this weekend. Got my Honda CRF 450x plated and took it out for some dirt fun. 120 miles on a dirt bike seat sure makes me look forward to this coming Friday. I need to make a 350 mile round trip to return my 6 year old's rental skis. The little skis will strap across the back and the boots will fit in a saddlebag.

Comment

Working...
                                X