No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re made aluminum braces to keep hard foam hand guards away from my fingers at speed for when the cold weather comes.

Comment

• Changed spark plugs and air filter... Was going to calibrate valves but couldn't undo some screws.... :/ O well....
      92 Katana 750...

Comment

• I cried as I hugged it because it didn't start again today.
        "This too shall pass"
        99' Katana 600
        05' Katana 750

Comment

• Rolled my Kat over to 14,000 today.

Definitely time to take it apart and clean the carbs + a sync.

Kat is running a bit funny after riding it pretty hard in heavy traffic. Carbs have never been rebuilt yet (been putting it off), so I think it's time!

Also gotta install my new jet kit from Factory Pro
          2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
          - Aaron

Comment

• New fuel lines, new coils and wires, new petcock, and a manual cam chain adjuster on my sons bike, hopefully that solves the problem he is having with power loss at high rpms.

Comment

• Just celebrated my 1st anniversary with my Kat by riding from Denver to Steamboat Springs for lunch. 364 miles of pure Colorado Bliss!

Comment

• Rode it down to the local Amateur Radio event today since we've actually got some nice weather for once. Been a couple weeks, real nice to get back on it!

While there, apparently my taillight didn't shut off when I turned the bike off. I didn't notice due to the Sun glare early in the day, but later on somebody else saw it and let me know. No other lights were on, just the taillight. Turned the bike on/off and taillight is behaving normally now. Guessing a flaky ignition switch, but the ignition switch has already been replaced once a few years ago. Something else to keep an eye on I guess. Is that a common weak point on the '94's?

Stalled it a couple times on the drive home and the clutch lever felt funny. Upon inspection at home, the bolt that holds the lever on was backed off a bunch. Tightened it up. Clutch lever has never felt this good before. Apparently it was already working it's way loose before I bought it, but hadn't gotten bad enough to notice until today!

Comment

• Made a video of yesterdays ride. Ended up doing out 160 miles. Forecast was showing 80% chance of rain so we went anyways. Ended up with some sprinkles here and there but mostly a nice cool ride with temps in the low 60's. Posted the video in pics and flicks.

Comment

• I know my chain is way worn out. I started getting worried about it but have rides planned that I am leading so picked up an RK sprocket and chain kit. Home feeling like crap so started working on the bike. Goes pretty well for a bit until I start feelin like its 100 in the garage ( its really in the upper 60's) then come in and rest. Got the new rear sprocket on, cleaned the rear wheel and swingarm. Removed the front sprocket cover, cleaned it and re greased the worm gear for the clutch. Got everything holding the front sprocket on loose and have to call it a day. I ordered a chain breaker / riveting tool that should show up tomorrow. I am hoping that this cough and head cold goes away before Friday because I've got a group that is expecting me to lead a ride Friday morning. It will be nice to have a smooth running chain. I also vow to maintain this one better. The stock chain has almost 20,000 miles on it. I've lubed it and adjusted it but never really cleaned it in the 8,000 miles I put on it. I end up in quite a bit of rain also. Picked up this kit for $155 so I thought that was pretty reasonable. RK x-ring chain.

Comment

• Took mine to the shop. Driving the truck ..its only 102 degrees today.

Comment

• I rode mine to work and home today and yesterday lets hope theres no rain so I can ride all week anxiously awaiting my katana tank bag to come in the mail
                        I just wanna ride my bike
                        2001 katana 600

Comment

• I bought new coils for mine and have to order new plug caps as I have one thats iffy. Man those things are not cheap, 25 bucks for the caps plus 5 bucks for each other peice that makes it a whole unit. Can I use any other make or stick with OEM? I was also going to order a jet kit and rebuild the carbs over the winter.

Comment

• Almost finished installing new chain and sprockets. Was home sick and am hoping to feel better by Friday to lead a ride that is already set. Took a few times going out working on it until I got everything but the cowling back on.

Comment

• I hit 100mph. This is my 1st sports-tourer. I'm luvn my Kat!

Comment

• Originally posted by TylerDunn View Post
                                I hit 100mph. This is my 1st sports-tourer. I'm luvn my Kat!
                                I hit a 100 on te daily love ny kat been at 142 on the speedo chased a r6 yesterday. Today I cleaned chain lube off the rear end where it slangaround. Headlght quit working today so tomorrow tank comes off and gonna check the valve covers and all else I can brights work so im still heading to work on it in the morning
                                I just wanna ride my bike
                                2001 katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X