X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
    carbs cleaning, and i have never seen such dirty carbs, amazingly 10k kms and i found so much dirt you could build a house wall
    That thing ran?? Wow.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• put gear indicator on... the magnet needs a spacer on the shifter to b picked up by the sensors... stay outta the box if you can lol

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post
        That thing ran?? Wow.
        amazingly yes
        sometimes ran on 3 cyl and poped, when i shutoff and start again it runs great, changed sparks and air filter (few posts behind) it was better, then it started again. so i figured ill take a look.
        sigpic

Comment

• loving the tyre table, lol! creativity +1

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastern Bloc View Post

loving the tyre table, lol! creativity +1
            Thanks!
            i love it, i had a michelin pp 2ct older so i used it for a table
            cheap stuff, something like 15$

and i like doing stuff with my hands
            gonna post some pics in how to
            sigpic

Comment

• Rode 60+ miles in pouring rain yesterday morning.. then total 140 mi. home to PA.
              Kat didn't skip a beat.. filled up the tank just now, 3.02 gal.

Comment

• Yesterday Rode home after shake down camp night with the Kat.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Not a Kat, but I picked up 4 race take off PP 2CT tires(1 front, 3 rears) off Craigslist for $60 last weekend, and swapped out the dead front tire on the wifes R6. Earlier this week I got it titled, registered, and insured. Recieved the new blue chain and sprocket kit that I bought off Ebay ($100) Thu afternon, and put that on the bike. Now its good to go, hope to get her riding it this weekend, at least for a hour or two.
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

• Over the past week or so, I have cleaned my carbs, installed new tires, new wiring harness, LED flasher relay, oil change, new battery, painted my new to me front fairings, removed crappy pod filters and installed a oem airbox, lubed my chain and today, I was finally able to button my baby up and take her for a ride around the lake. It was my first time riding at night, and I must say, it was awesome! With all these little tweaks and tinkering it seriously increased the power in my 93 600. Honestly feels like a brand new bike. Hopefully now I can ride my summer away with out anymore interference, but hey, at least now I know where EVERYTHING is the next mods I will be doing are installing a 12v power supply to charge my phone and plug my gps in, and of course to mount my gps.

Comment

• Went riding for 20 miles today, got some good practice in traffic (both flowing and stop-go). Starting to get more comfortable. I figure that's my warning sign that I'm becoming complacent, so I'll have to make a point to take even more care. Only attention the bike needed was a little air in the tires, what a wonderful feeling!

Comment

• changed rear tire, PR3 now, tested holding like crazy
                        changed oil in brakes, way better brakes now
                        polished headlights, supersweet, i can see myself in her eyes

now waiting for 29 june track day
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

• Completely bled the braking system again last night! Wow! What a different those EBC sintered pads make! Crazy stopping power.

Took the GF for a ride out to a distant show-home in the country-side. Lovely home, but I think I enjoyed the ride out there more than that 1,000,000 home!
                          2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                          - Aaron

Comment

• Did a little work to my bar risers. The bar clamps I used were black and scratched up. I was too excited to try them out that I left them that way. I used stainless steel washers to shim the risers up and wanted to have a spacer made out of aluminum.

Yesterday it dawned on me to use the aluminum risers I first purchased. I drilled them out to fit the bar clamps. Then I took a wire wheel to the aluminum bar clamps that had scratched up black paint on them.
                            Here is the before and after.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Draining oil as I post. Fresh Amsoil before leaving Sunday for my bike camp trip that should cover between 1500 - 2000 miles of Colorado. Getting everything in check before beginning the adventure.

Comment

• I had new rubber fitted to the front and rear

Comment

Working...
                                X