No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After taking my Kat for a ride, I'm eating my words....

I've got no rear brakes!!! Front ones work fairly well, but you can tell that there's a bit of a bubble in there still.

Also ordered a CRB-S23-1.0 jet kit from fleabay only to find out that the seller was lying about how many they had in stock... Apparently Factory Pro is sending out a big shipment of jet kits for our Kats around 06/18/14 (just for everyone's reference).

Seller emailed me saying sorry and didn't offer any sort of discount... what a joke...
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

Comment

• Bought one. 2004 750. Wow, big change from the 1983 GR650 I have been riding the past three years. Smooth, power, stable. This is gonna be fun.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Today, my kat sat in the garage because it's been storming This weekend however was quite eventful. I finished painting my new to me front fairings. Installed them, a prob bolt bolt kit, and my new shinko tires. Then I went on my first group ride with over 1000 bikes! It was a blast.

Comment

• Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
          Gave her a good washing. Took it out for a good ol' fashioned air dry. Came across a cool looking abandoned building with some decent art work.

May want to check that chain tension.
          Interesting pic. Sad that there are still so many buildings empty like that in Michigan.

Originally posted by trumper View Post
          Bought one. 2004 750. Wow, big change from the 1983 GR650 I have been riding the past three years. Smooth, power, stable. This is gonna be fun.
          Looks great! That seat doesn't look stock. Looks like you could do some miles on that.
          Last edited by rschlegel; 06-02-2014, 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Finally made block off plates and pulled the CA emissions crap off. Only took 3 years...next valve job will be that much easier without all that junk on the way.
            Ordered master cylinder rebuild kit, new brake pistons, pins, and lever (all for front brakes). Did new seals last week, so if this doesn't make my brakes work decently I'm going to be very puzzled.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
              May want to check that chain tension.
              Interesting pic. Sad that there are still so many buildings empty like that in Michigan.
              Thats very true. This place looks like a ghost town if you go to the right places. It's crazy. I passed this building and looped back to investigate and when I pulled through the side street across from it, every single house on both sides of the block were abandoned. Garbage and used tires everywhere, grass was waist high... looked like something out of Walking Dead.

I appreciate the heads up on the chain. Its new, and just starting to stretch a bit, I check it every couple of days or so while im sitting on the bike. The busa shock really throws a monkey wrench into tightening the chain. If i tighten it to spec on the kickstand and sit on it, its too tight. If my girl hops on too, its wayyyy too tight. I usually adjust my chain slack with weight on the bike. Its weird, but its wayyyyyyyyy better than the stock katana shock. Especially for 2-up riding. My girlfriend is 5'11" at about 140/150 lbs and im 200 lbs. That busa shock loves floating down the eway at 100 mph, feels like air ride under us.

As for what I did to my Kat today, I took it on its first 65 mile commute to work. It was beautiful. I wish i could have been doing that since the first of may but her and I were having a few misunderstandings. A few new parts, and good carb cleaning and shes finally seeing things my way again.
              My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Maniac1886 did you adjust your busa shock for height with a spanner wrench or punch and hammer? I wanna know if/how much you can adjust for ride height?
                sigpic

Comment

• No adjustments. It was a bit tricky getting it in though. I had to cut about 4 inches out of the ABS undertail to move the battery box back so the shock would fit in it. It raises the rear end a good 2 inches, if not a little more. I like it that way though. I like the way it sits. I have the pre load down to about 25% from the bottom. Makes for a soft ride. I carry a laptop to work and with the Kat shock, every little bump, my backpack would bounce, and the laptop would hit me in the back. Moderate bumps would actually take me off the seat. Now its like a cadilac! The other up side is that because it sits higher than most bikes, I can tell people they aren't tall enough to ride it when they wanna get in my saddle. Im 6', ive seen your pictures, you look like a pretty tall dude, its not bad for us leggy folks. I can stand flat footed when on it. Like I said, I like how it gets the tail up in the air too. Makes it look like a completely different bike at the right angles. I have some pictures I can post of the shock next to the kat shock as well as some of the adjustments i had to make to get it to go in it that would help. Things MAY different with your post model though. Im not sure.
                  Last edited by maniac1886; 06-03-2014, 12:31 PM.
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Mine is a little too high for me. I would like a lower look. Considering going back stock or lowering links. Rides ok 1 and 2up. A little too stiff. I guess I will have to fine tune it.
                    sigpic

Comment

• are you using the stock katana shock? I hear the R6 shock lowers the bike about an inch or so and is supposed to be better.

Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
                      swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
                      Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.
                      Last edited by maniac1886; 06-03-2014, 01:59 PM.
                      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Rode over 200 mi. today, Hoboken, NJ to Montague, NY and back, 80-85 mph most of the way, switched to reserve at 188 mi.; nearly empty the tank, put in 4.2 gal. in the end.

Comment

• Nah, I got a Hyabusa shock. Strectched 10 inches too.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Million$ View Post
                            Maniac1886 did you adjust your busa shock for height with a spanner wrench or punch and hammer? I wanna know if/how much you can adjust for ride height?
                            Adjusting is for pre load on the spring. You want to adjust it for the correct sag, not for an actual ride height.

Comment

• carbs cleaning, and i have never seen such dirty carbs, amazingly 10k kms and i found so much dirt you could build a house wall
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

• Today I fully cleaned and adjusted my carbs. Thank you to everyone who offered your knowledge and experience. My motorcycle runs great.

Comment

Working...
                                X