No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed some bikemaster daytona bars for more of a standard bike riding position and a two line ss braided brake line setup on the front.

Comment

• Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
      Installed some bikemaster daytona bars for more of a standard bike riding position and a two line ss braided brake line setup on the front.
      Pics? Always like seeing how those types of set ups turn out.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post
        Pics? Always like seeing how those types of set ups turn out.
        I will take some pics and post them up some time this am. Took her out for just over 200 miles yesterday and loved it. Completely new feel. My right hand would start numbing up around 40 miles into riding and it never happened yesterday.

Comment

• New registration sticker applied. Looked at the rear sprocket, shows a little wear, but I don't think I'll be replacing it immediately. Maybe next year. Made my Spring maintenance list and it looks like an oil change, clutch cable lube, and clean/oil of the chain should get me started this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
            I will take some pics and post them up some time this am. Took her out for just over 200 miles yesterday and loved it. Completely new feel. My right hand would start numbing up around 40 miles into riding and it never happened yesterday.
            Here are some pics. Rough yet as I did not paint the bar clamps and had to use stainless steel washers to shim the height in. I will post a better explanation in the touring section.
            Attached Files

Comment

• I'll be checking it out! Looks good, and it never occurred to me to shim bars like that. Thanks for the idea!
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                I'll be checking it out! Looks good, and it never occurred to me to shim bars like that. Thanks for the idea!
                At some point I will have some aluminum spacers made ( I think). Sometimes life happens and if it is working the solid spacers may end up on a long list. I was surprised that vibration was not a problem without bar ends on. I will probably rig up a way to put them on again though ( no nut in the bar to re attach the stock bar ends ).

Comment

• 89 kat750 fighter

Hey what's up guys I'm really new to the katryder club. But I really like what I see. I ride am 89 kat 750 that I have totally re designed. The pic in my profile is the first mod that I did to my bike but many more changes have taken place. Mostly a lot of cutting and welding. Hit me back let me know what u think.
                  You have to pet your KAT to make it purrrrrr! :stuffhappens :

Comment

• I like what you did with the bike. I don't know why, but it reminds me from something out of Mad Max. Nice fighter....I like it!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by csc89kat750 View Post
                      Hey what's up guys I'm really new to the katryder club. But I really like what I see. I ride am 89 kat 750 that I have totally re designed. The pic in my profile is the first mod that I did to my bike but many more changes have taken place. Mostly a lot of cutting and welding. Hit me back let me know what u think.
                      Not a fan of 'fighters, but looks good! You'll get more feedback if you post in the welcome section FYI.

Finally started digging into the 1100 I picked up last month. Changed the oil...if you can call it that...thin watery stuff. Very nasty. Fortunately it didnt smell like fuel though, so it's just waaaaay past due for a change. I'm going to run the oil I just put in for a few hundred miles once she's road worthy and change it again. Also flushed the clutch - again super horribly nasty. Also installed the SS brake lines that came in the parts box with the bike. Bleeding those took forevvvvvvvvvver. But they seem pretty good now. Letting them sit overnight with the brake lever zip tied to the handle bar. Then they should be 100% good to go.

Also discovered the left fork was leaking...but since I was already planning on new oil/seals, not really a big deal. Can't ride it until I have spare $ for new sprockets and chain (and now fork seals) anyways.
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Charged up the battery and started it up! So happy if fired up with no problems!

Comment

• New grips, bar ends, brake and clutch levers. Also added a 12volt marine socket and added gold inlay to letters.
                          Attached Files
                          You know your a KatRider when you sell a nearly new perfectly running low miles bike... and buy a 13 year old non running Katana.

Comment

• Today, I rode it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

• Got mine back on the road. Got a carb sync done by the local wrench turner because I couldn't wait to ride. Also got the shorai battery from gsxf Jim and the OEM filter from bikebandit in there. Still got smoke coming out from under the front of the tank after a long ride. Ah well. Glad this winter is over and riding season is back.
                              http://www.envyplayer.com/13.mp4 for sale with lots of parts

Comment

• New brake pads all around and dropped in a new speedo cable as well.

Fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X