No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ordered a set of avon's for the kat. Seriously thinking about doing the rim conversion

Comment

• At 45° I have fuel delivery issues...
      1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
      1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
      Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

• Removed all the fairings (except tank) for painting this weekend. The GF and I are going to sand and repaint (and re-decal) the Kat in dark blue, this time with better quality paint and more attention to detail, then sent the Kat itself off to the shop to have engine #3 installed [the 2nd engine I put into it has a bad ****ing ring on cyl #4 - I got about 300 mi out of it before figuring that out and then a broken chain was what really put it out of service] and hopefully this one holds out- unlike the last engine I bought myself from a salvager, I bought the motor from the shop doing the work and this motor has a 6-mo warranty.

Looking forward to getting off my BLASTARD and getting back on the Kat with my GF by Sept 30th.
        Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
        Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
        2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

• Originally posted by msgoodwrench86 View Post
          ordered a set of avon's for the kat. Seriously thinking about doing the rim conversion
          DO IT! You won't regret it.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• New set of tyres. Got PR2 front and rear. Too bad I can't break them in yet because of an eye infection. Depth perception is next to nothing at the moment.
            Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Alright so I didn't do work yesterday took a nap instead, so today it'll be getting things running xD

Comment

• So i took my streetfighter out for a ride and set her on the right side....now she bleeding from the stator cover....and can only find them for like 50-100bux.....sad day..

Comment

• About to get a new front tire... Had the back replaced a couple months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by JollyRancher View Post
                    So i took my streetfighter out for a ride and set her on the right side....now she bleeding from the stator cover....and can only find them for like 50-100bux.....sad day..
                    It's aluminum. Weld it.

If it's just a crack, drill both ends of the crack and clean it thoroughly inside and out, then scratch it up good with 400 grit and apply a thin coat of JB weld on the inside. Once it's dried, sand/grind it smooth and make sure it's got a good bond all the way around.

That'll at least hold you over until you get another one.
                    Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

• It'll leak when it warms up... Some previous owner did that to the oil pan on mine and it would leak after I rode it...
                      1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
                      1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
                      Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

• Forget the JB-Weld. Take the cover to a welding shop or a boat shop that does propeller repair. They can TIG weld that leak shut in no time.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
                          It'll leak when it warms up... Some previous owner did that to the oil pan on mine and it would leak after I rode it...
                          I've never had that problem personally... They probably didn't clean the pan enough to get good adhesion between the epoxy and the material. It's not really an art, it's just simple science.

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                          Forget the JB-Weld. Take the cover to a welding shop or a boat shop that does propeller repair. They can TIG weld that leak shut in no time.
                          Why spend $40 getting it welded, then spend another $60 on a new one later? O.o
                          Last edited by Christ; 09-14-2012, 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

• I didn't do anything for my KatBusa but I did work on the B12 post 600! Now I have to make some connection changes for the neutral light switch.
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• worked on hubbys bike while he was at work today

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
                                Why spend $40 getting it welded, then spend another $60 on a new one later? O.o
                                What's this $40?! last time I needed something simple TIG welded it cost $15 and after we did some grinding/sanding/painting it looked like new.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                                X