No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode my Kat around all day long. Great day for riding.

Also got more parts in. Fender eliminator, here we come!
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
      I wanted to do what this guy did ...

... but instead took a nice easy ride to Wal-Mart .... Well maybe not soooo easy ....
      that pretty wild. I do however think the media altered the story a bit cus 193mph in the rain doesn't make much sense. And if he was going that fast, the only reason the cops stopped em is because he let them haha
      #whindybackroads>highway

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
        I wanted to do what this guy did ...

... but instead took a nice easy ride to Wal-Mart .... Well maybe not soooo easy ....
        I thought radar didn't work in the rain...

Anyone notice the comments on the MSN site? Lots of spam about an over-50 dating site, a few on-topic comments and one that starts off being on-topic and then turns into an ad for the same dating site.

Weird.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post

Anyone notice the comments on the MSN site? Lots of spam about an over-50 dating site, a few on-topic comments and one that starts off being on-topic and then turns into an ad for the same dating site.

Weird.
          ^^
          hahahahah, now that you mentioned it, i had to go back and look at it agian, and yeah, lool and thats MSN for us lool
          !!Never Doubt an Engineer!!
          BMW 335 XI S.O.- Suzuki Katana 600
          ! life is good !

Comment

• I got almost killed three times on the ride home. A bus, a Panamera and a Micra.
            Don't care how it sounds but the Pana comes with a dent from now on. I even stopped and waited for the f***er but he drove right off.
            Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Radar guns work just fine in the rain.... Who told you that they didn't?

Radar guns are simply a ground surveying unit called "LiDAR", "Light Detection And Ranging". The units send out thousands of light pulses a second which then bounce back to the unit to capture a distance and time. The unit will then calculate speed (V = d/t).

Simple stuff with multiple applications. The only thing that would stop a cop from getting a reading on a vehicle is another object that's in the way permanently (rain and dust don't count, but fog will alter the reading).

On another note, I rode my KAT to work today and dreamt of what it would look like with those parts on that came in last night. One can dream.
              - Aaron

Comment

• Took it for the annual MOT, passed with flying colours !!
                My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

Weird.
                  Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post

Radar guns are simply a ground surveying unit called "LiDAR", "Light Detection And Ranging". The units send out thousands of light pulses a second which then bounce back to the unit to capture a distance and time. The unit will then calculate speed (V = d/t).

Simple stuff with multiple applications. The only thing that would stop a cop from getting a reading on a vehicle is another object that's in the way permanently (rain and dust don't count, but fog will alter the reading).

On another note, I rode my KAT to work today and dreamt of what it would look like with those parts on that came in last night. One can dream.
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117658&page=3 in answer of who said...

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post

+1

Obviously I can't say anthing about the equipment of the US police force but here in Belgium I had my pic taken in heavy rain and wind once (travelling by car), and they were dead on on the speed.
                    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                      Read through the thread and never saw anything about rain affecting LiDAR, but I did read something about snow. The snow statement is correct, but only if you're using a very very cheap LiDAR unit...

There are many units that shoot more than just a beam of light instead of the usual typical laser pointer (single beam), and shoot in the range of +150,000 pulses per second.

That being said, unless you're shooting something 5 kms away during a Blizzard, you're always going to get a shot using LiDAR.
                      - Aaron

Comment

• Took my 5 year old daughter to lunch at Subway on it

Comment

• To and from work, Installed HID headlights and gave it a bath
                          just another day in the oilfields

Comment

• Originally posted by stretched600 View Post
                            Took my 5 year old daughter to lunch at Subway on it
                            Careful, you might create a monster as I have with mine...lol Last weekend we did over 200 miles with lunch in the middle somewhere... but she is a little older..
                            "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Finally picked up a carb sync gauge and synced the carbs on my '85 pop-up Kat. Much better. Smoother idle, jumps off idle when you twist the throttle. Weather sucks, so I haven't road tested it yet.
                              Brian Rogers
                              '85 Katana 750, lots of mods
                              '82 Katana 1000, all stock
                              http://www.rupelli.com

Comment

• Took my 2nd to last exam for my Bachelor's program. Got home and had to take her out for a ride. No destination, just enjoyed the wind noise (can't say "wind in my face" because I wear my gear) lol. Also started thinking of alternatives on how to mount my SS2-R can! Grrrrr!
                                - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Working...
                                X