X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GSX-600F View Post
    well right now while taking off she kinda sputters I give it a little gas and she hauls ****in ***! and some times in 4-5 gear just Cruzin she will back fire a little I'm getting the carbs cleaned tomorrow then synced hopefully
    Good luck with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
      Good luck with that.
      sarcasm?
      1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

• What he said was that you're not going to get the bike to pull smooth all the way through the revs with pod filters. It just ain't going to happen.

Stock airbox, Stage 1 jet kit, syncing the carbs and an ignition advancer will get get you running about as smooth as it's going to get.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
          What he said was that you're not going to get the bike to pull smooth all the way through the revs with pod filters. It just ain't going to happen.

Stock airbox, Stage 1 jet kit, syncing the carbs and an ignition advancer will get get you running about as smooth as it's going to get.
          what is a ignition advancer? I'm new to this crap, should I still get them cleaned?? my family friend is a mech he said he would hook me up, wasn't sure if it was something I would need. Couldn't hurt right?
          1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

• It's basically a metal disk with a bump on the edge. Under a cover on the right side of the bike you've got an ignition sensor. The metal disk is attached to the crankshaft and there's a coil positioned nearby. Every time that bump rotates past the coil it causes an electrical signal which triggers the ignition module to fire the spark plugs. by moving where that bump is on the disk you can signal the ignition module to light the spark plugs earlier or later in the crankshaft's rotation.

An advancer replaces the stock disk with one which has that bump going by the coil a little sooner so the plugs fire earlier and the fuel has a little more time to burn (and push on the pistons) before the exhaust valves open. It smooths out the power delivery and gives you a little more oomph in the mid-range rpms.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

What he said was that you're not going to get the bike to pull smooth all the way through the revs with pod filters. It just ain't going to happen.

Even with a stock box I still had a flat spot too with stock jetting with a D&D slip on. Then I made it a shorty and the flat spot moved from 7-8.5k to 5.5 to 7k. Now with K&N pods, 134 jet kit and a HotBodies shorty it's much lower and runs waaay smoother on the higher end!

Comment

• Thats because you didn't rejet when you installed the straight through D&D or the shorty version.

Comment

• Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                  Thats because you didn't rejet when you installed the straight through D&D or the shorty version.
                  Got it that way...

Comment

• Threw a new rear shock on my 99 600, and then brought her out of winter storage. Fired up fairly easily and seems to be running nicely. Now just waiting for some nice weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be decent.

Comment

• Just got my Katana 750 running after the PO had her sitting for 6 or so years. Changed the oil and filter on her and put in a new battery. Unfortunately she's running a little rough and doesn't want to hold the spec'd 1100 RPM idle atm. She also has some throttle response problems

Comment

• Just dropped mine off for a carb rebuild tune up etc. also talking to a guy about buying another
                        ----USMC combat vet----
                        07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

• Spoon: Throw some Seafoam in the tank, run it down to the reserve and refill with fresh gas. See what you get.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Spoon: Throw some Seafoam in the tank, run it down to the reserve and refill with fresh gas. See what you get.
                            Had to buy a new battery Story posted in my died on the road thread.

Comment

• I installed a fender eliminator lastnight on my 2002 Katana 600, Ugh. Ha to do some modifying but it looks nice. Next job is changing the oil. I hope the filter comes off by hand cause I don't see myself getting a wrench in there.
                              Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

• Picker her up from the shop after tune up and braided brake lines. Tonight, I remove fairings, start the plastic repair and prepare for painting. Hurry...hurry...here comes spring!

Comment

Working...
                                X