No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had the carbs on and off a few time ..............tweeks to float hieght ,checking the pilot jets...........now runs again ......untill next time
    Toys.........
    1985 LT250 - modified
    1991 GSX750F - Doner for Bobber project
    2004 GSXR 1000 - stockish
    2000 Turbo Busa - very modified - now sold

Comment

• Rode up to the Golden Aspen bike rally in Ruidoso New Mexico. Had a blast. Lots of cool bikes. Had an awesome mountain ride all day.
      sigpic
      2005 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

• i sat on my Kat. twisted the throttle a few times. can hardly wait until i get the go ahead from the surgeon who did my bicep tendon repair. 3 weeks to go.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Worked on my carbs yesterday with my GF. Disassembled 2 of the carbs to start with for cleaning ( and training as I am teching my GF how to work on the carbs letting her do 2 carbs and me doing the other 2 and the rest of the bike work too as it comes). I can understand why my buddy couldn't keep it running right...two of the vacuum ports were cracked and broken , which means two new black caps for the top of the carbs...one pilot jet was almost completely stripped and mangled but just managed to get it out, and on the second carb to take a part, when I removed the brass plug and pulled the mixture needle, the o-ring and the washer were both broken and slightly mangled, and the rubber boots where the t connectors go in were rotted and falling a part.... The first carb has been soaking overnight with it's hardware, and the second is ready to soak next. Wondering now what the other two carbs will be like once we get into them.
          Will R. Everett,WA

"I am not in a hurry to die....just to live before I die" ---Me

Comment

• Nothing, it sets on my porch covered... boo! Facing a week of rain in Florida, even a bigger BOO!
            2014 Ducati Monster 1200
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

• yamaha r6 shock swap..pretty easy swap, world of difference!! great mod. Just need to get er dialed in..wooo hoo..

Comment

• Originally posted by joahna View Post
                yamaha r6 shock swap..pretty easy swap, world of difference!! great mod. Just need to get er dialed in..wooo hoo..
                What year/model Kat did you put the R6 shock on? Is the R6 shock rebuildable? If so I am there!

Comment

• I picked up my bike on saturday with new chain and sprokets. OMG its like new again. Rides so nice. now i just need to get some warmer gear so i can ride in the up coming cold/fall weather.
                  FunEMT
                  2000 Katana 600

Comment

• Removed all the plastics today, ready to atart preparing the bike for winter. Never done bike maintenance before as i'm new to biking so time to start reading all the "How to's" on this site.
                    Ok, so i'm from the UK, don't hold it against me! I love my 1999 GSX750F.

Comment

• I picked up a 20$ cruise control lever which is kinda neat. It clamps on to the grip and it extends to rest on the brake lever when u push your forefinger on it when u want to cruise. Oh and I added a blue tint bulb, not much lighting difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by newmotorguy View Post
                        What year/model Kat did you put the R6 shock on? Is the R6 shock rebuildable? If so I am there!

Its a 95 600..I think its rebuildable..Makes a sweet difference..

Comment

• Here is a link to the sticky with details:

Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
                          swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
                          Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.

Comment

• rode to work. kat needed to stretch her legs after hibernating most of the riding season.

Comment

• looked at mine sittin in the garage. no time to ride this season, the downside of bein OTR trucker.
                              Combat Veteran of the United States Marine Corps-0311

Comment

• Swapped over a 600 tail onto my 750. Only thing I didn't finish was painting the 600 fairings to match my bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X