No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put on a usable rear rotor and brake pads. I bought a front fender for my kat and will put that on after I get everything painted
    --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
    --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

• i built a clear clutch cover!

Comment

• I looked at mine in the barn...Kicked it over and said piece of junk...jk I have to fix the kick stand for some reason it just doesn't sit right lol
        *Rep*
        CBR F4 99
        Katana 96
        CBR F3 97

Comment

• Got the pre center stand I found on Ebay and sand blasted and primed it. Just gotta paint it and install it and I wont have to almost have the bike fall on me next time I pull a wheel off

Comment

• Originally posted by RedKat91 View Post
            Is there a good type of paint I should use on my swing arm? I'm going to have to paint it on with a paint brush, so I was thinking maybe like the rino liner stuff for truck beds? (edit: I need to clean up my swing arm because the previous owner spilled battery acid on it, and it ate off the finish and surface rusted.)
            I recently did my swingarm with a Hammerite (don't know if it called same over there) metal paint which is a one coat rust protection and top coat, it goes on a bit thick with brush but I felt it was the best thing for the job.
            I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.

Comment

• Originally posted by bfckarlos View Post
              I recently did my swingarm with a Hammerite (don't know if it called same over there) metal paint which is a one coat rust protection and top coat, it goes on a bit thick with brush but I felt it was the best thing for the job.

sounds good... I'll look for it.
              Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• i just got my swingarm extensions , today i went and bought the brake line and chain . maybe ready for the weekend or when the weather gets better
                LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

• nothin special..just ridin it n gettin more of a feel for it...lol washed it up if thats anything excitin

Comment

• Installed a trip meter knob... it's all zeros now for my first time

I also double-checked my valve adjustment from a few days ago after turning the engine over a few times and found that one of the exhaust valves is still off a bit... good thing I checked!

Comment

• Installed a used Givi rack and cases. Mostly straight forward, some missing fastener hardware which was easily replaced. It was not an exact fit as one would expect. Not all holes lined up exactly. I also found the right side a PITA to bolt to the underside of the peg bracket up against the muffler...barely any room to fasten it, and the rack now conceals the muffler hanger bolt, so this will have to be undone to get the muffler off if needed/replaced. I think they could have better designed this given the $ for a new set/system. But all in all it should be nice to do away with a backpack....though the poor Kat looks like it's got a big butt now....
                      2004 GSX750F

Comment

• changed the oil, cleaned and lubed the chain, and paid someone to chip the paint on the rims to put new tires on it. Then I looked at katriders.com and saw a tire changer for $100 bones. Daytona this Saturday!!!

Comment

• Started my mirror mod. aka after getting the bike I realized the PO had freakin dropped it and the right mirror was epoxied back on the base lmao. Here at the warehouse we had several "car" mirrors that we sell online. most looked like azz. But POOF there under all of them were several packs of really good looking mirrors. So step 1 took off mirrors, step 2 went to town to get tap set, step 3 tapped new mirror mount to fit on Kat base. hmm lemme go take a shot. brb will update with pic.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by dabaitman; 03-04-2011, 09:11 AM.
                          Judge us not the scavengers that persecute humanity..

Comment

• Wow, those stick WAY out. How are you going to look at your elbows with those?

Much as I like staring at my elbows, those look too long to be stable. If you have trouble with the mirrors drifting around on their own from vibration you might need to shorten the bases a bit.

Cool idea, though. If that doesn't work as well as you like you might want to look at doing something similar to what I have on my 1100. It's got the mirrors on a hinged arm (that can fold back to narrow down the bike) and the mirror glass moves inside a fixed cup. (You adjust the mirror inside the cup, just like on a lot of modern cars.)
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Hehe...no offense...I was thinking they'd be good when you hook up a trailer too.
                              2004 GSX750F

Comment

• looked at the three foot pile of snow in front of the garage door....

*sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X