No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so far today, rode it to work... contemplated buying some fairings to help throw the wind off of me at 80+mph... saw prices and thought "the wind isnt THAT bad"
    1995 Katana 600 Street Fighter, Daily driver. -TOTALLED
    2006 Honda CBR 1000rr stretched 10" -TOTALLED
    1972 Kawasaki H2 Triple, New Play Toy...

Comment

• Have been away on two week holiday(vacation) to Turkey, and first chance I got to take her out was yesterday, loved it. Just did 20 miles or so but got upto enough mph to get instant ban here in the uk.

Have missed her though, all the Turks ride are scooters, and man are they knackered, bits falling off, no working speedos, and 3 people on them, in shorts and no helmets, wow!
      I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.

Comment

• rode it to work for the first time yesterday, actually rode around quite a bit after too. first time goin over 65mph was planning on riding today but over slept maybe tomorrow. trying to get as much as I can in because I will be out of town for a few weeks. Vacation is awesome, but I will miss the bike :P
        2001 GSX600F

Comment

• Since the FZ6 is still under break in, I flogged the **** out of it today. It loved every minute of it, and almost looked sad when I put it away.

Comment

• fitted a new [ patern part ] clutch cable...........feels sooooooooooo much better
            Toys.........
            1985 LT250 - modified
            1991 GSX750F - Doner for Bobber project
            2004 GSXR 1000 - stockish
            2000 Turbo Busa - very modified - now sold

Comment

• Rebuilt: Front Brake Master Cylinder, Clutch Master Cylinder, Clutch Slave Cylinder. Boy was there some gunk in there!

And now the bleeding...
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• With all the rain, I listen to my 2 year old son tell me "daddy motocycle sleeping". Freaking rain. Even my kid knows its not fun to ride in.
                A fool can't act wise, but the wise can act a fool.

Comment

• HEL lines

I swapped in the HEL lines from MOPOWER sports this weekend. Along with a brake fluid flush on the rear brakes.. what a difference!
                  Props to Jimmy, i had a wrong bolt, but he got me taken care of ASAP!

Comment

• I spent the day with the dremel removing the ugly plastic shovel, then figuring out what to do to replace the license plate light. Turned out pretty good for my first easy mod on my first bike imho

Comment

• sanding down tank and prepping fairings for paint. what a PITA!
                      sigpic
                      1992 Kat 600

Comment

• Woot woot Did LED gauges. White and blue to match the bike!
                        2005 Gsx600f- My baby
                        1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
                        Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

• Rode to work then to store for bbq stuff good times

Comment

• Quick cleanup and repaint on some plastics and a rust free tank I got with a parts bike, and cleaned carbs to remove rust from old tank. Swapped stainless V&H header from parts bike for my old rusty V&H header, and sprayed my old V&H SS midpipe with VHT. Tried the V&H SS2R stainless mid and silencer on the bike, but didn't like how it sounded (tinny but might have been curable with a repack)and it seemed to lose a little power from 11k rpm or higher. Midrange with the SS2R silencer seemed slightly better than with the old SS with the non-packable open race baffle. I have now given the Kat to my 22 yr. old son to enjoy, since he had to sell his EX500 to help fund moving him and his wife cross country to stay with us until they can get back on their feet again financially.
                            John,
                            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                            sigpic

Comment

• rode that biootch like there was no tomorrow!! found a few roads with some sweeps and twisties.
                              "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                              1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                              2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• After removing my exhaust and splitting the end can from the header pipes on a previous day, spent today with the wire brushes on the drill cleaning all the rust off prior to several coats of paint going on !
                                My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

Working...
                                X