No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally finished stripping her to the bare frame. Next step is to organise everything for cleaning and powdercoating over the next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
      Finally finished stripping her to the bare frame. Next step is to organise everything for cleaning and powdercoating over the next week.
      Start a thread man. We'd like to see your progress. Pics, Pics...
      Sliminator

Comment

• Originally posted by slim68 View Post
        Start a thread man. We'd like to see your progress. Pics, Pics...
        I might have an old one somewhere.. Longterm project is here and there. I'll try and bundle some of the old pics together into a dump-thread later today, but it's when things all start going back together that it'll get interesting.

1100 front end
        RF900 rear shock
        Custom bits like battery box, undertray and brackets
        Hybrid GSX600f/GSXR750 engine
        Brand new out-the-box 38mm carbs [never before fitted ]
        Black with red accenting theme

Should get things sorted for painting tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait.

Comment

• Sorted out my rear spacer mishap and installed my bandit adjusters.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

• Went to apf motorcycle salvage and got a turn signal bulb. No auto parts store carries this type.
            I had a good day!
            2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• Raised up the front...changed fuel filters..took a test ride

Comment

• On BF's bike, I pulled the right side fairing off, remove the sprocket cover and pulled the clutch cable. Found out the cable was bound up inside and unable to clean it up enough to make it useable. Replaced with new cable, adjust the clutch and all. Clutch lever works much much better now.

While I was at it, I removed the carbs and did a full tear down and cleaning/service on them. Put the bike back together, synced the carbs... and did a test ride.

Clutch working good, got rid of a slight hesitation at 3-4k, reduced a buzz at 7k, runs much better.

Get the suspension paid for and installed and this bike might almost be done for a long term duration...

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• i want to spray paint my foot pegs pink and passenger's green. but not sure if i can use the paint from home depot?
                  just sayin

Comment

• Put 165 miles on the clock with 2 other Kats, a CBR, a GSXR6, ZX-6 and a Busa...up 181 to 221 South to Little Switzerland...Awesome time!!!

Comment

• well today i installed frame sliders on my katana. i didnt realize it was gonna be a hour long project, i figured id be able to just drill in and bolt on no problem, yeah was i wrong i dint realize how thick that frame was! well all in all it turned out really good! will post pics asap!!

Comment

• wished I could ride it as much as I did yesterday, whoever invented working sucks:/

Comment

• Just got my bike back from my buddys garage he fixed and sycned the carbs and found out the cable was frozen so a new one went on and it never felt so good and fast

Comment

• let it sit bad thunderstorms here:/

Comment

• Bah to that, I rode to Belmont, and will be riding home around 2300. Missed the first one, might be dry on the way home.
                              Mostly wrong, always learning.

Comment

• Well ,bought a corbin gunfighter with backrest 242 shipped,carbon levers26 shipped,carbon bar ends 15 shipped and billet master cylinder cap in with the bar ends . plus I've ordered double bubble due to arrive at end of the month. Just pretty much had good ole ebay spend fest.

Comment

Working...
                                X