What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought some new pegs and a new smoked shield for my helmet

Comment

• Admired how well it sits in my garage. Still not running so I rode the GS instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cmillz View Post
        changed my plugs and wires, cleaned out the carbs, and now she runs awesome and doesnt die after she is warm. i still need to figure out why i only have high beams tho on my HID kit. they are off on low beam but high beams work????

HID problem could be caused by the type of wiring for the bulb. I know on my truck the same bulb is used for both the lowbeam and highbeam, with only 1 harness. (Dual Filiment bulb is used). So maybe you got a HID kit whos bulb is only for 1 setting and the highbeam is dominant?

Not sure on your situation, just throwing out ideas.
        Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• looked at street fighter tails then went out and looked at my bike and tried to figure out a way to put a fighter tail on and still keep the front fairings

Comment

• .... put gas back in the tank, put battery back in the bike....
            turned key on, pushed start button ..... "VVRRROOOMMM"!
            i guess yesterday was a bad day for the ol gerl ....
            today she just wanna go go go.

Comment

• Rode her! Forecast is for rain tomorrow followed by snow tomorrow night and Friday but today was clear and dry. Wasn't warm, though. If I'm going to wait for New Jersey to get warm I might as well sell the bike. Have I mentioned I hate New Jersey?
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by RedKat91 View Post
                HID problem could be caused by the type of wiring for the bulb. I know on my truck the same bulb is used for both the lowbeam and highbeam, with only 1 harness. (Dual Filiment bulb is used). So maybe you got a HID kit whos bulb is only for 1 setting and the highbeam is dominant?

Not sure on your situation, just throwing out ideas.
                thanks, it has 2 harnesses..idk i got the bike already with the kit in there so im guessing he probably wired it wrong or like u said the high beam is dominant. who knows...im sure ill figure it out. i did nothing to my katana today, but i did learn something, hense my katana came from california, its runs bigger sized spark plugs then a katana that came from a none jewish state like my buddys katana that came from georgia. we compared and they are different sizes. grrrrr. gotta get smaller NGK's
                -objects in mirror are losing- ---- ---- ----

-98 GSXF 750 Kat-

Comment

• Looked at her sitting in the garage.....opened the garage door and it's *&%##** snowing

Comment

• Originally posted by Spunner View Post
                    Looked at her sitting in the garage.....opened the garage door and it's *&%##** snowing
                    Snowing in kingston?? That sucks. weather was ok here. No snow and dry roads.

Had the kat out again today. Thats 3 days in a row out riding in the cold.

Cant wait untill the warm weather gets here.

Comment

• put 40+ miles on the kat today. bike ran smooth, roads werent so smooth. thinking i might need to get a kidney belt

Comment

• Hi everyone, i just bought & received a 2nd hand complete engine & magnifold from Japan. Magnifold already attached to my earlier engine &the 2nd engine i just take the internal parts that look very good

Comment

• Rode mine to "work" (suzuki moto shop) and back.

Comment

• BIKE GOT FREAKING RUN OVER IN THE PARKING GARAGE TODAY AT WORK BY SOME A-HOLE IN A TRUCK! Came out to find it tipped over and all the fairings cracked and leaking oil annd gass everywhere... so ****ed! (will upload pics shortly)

Na jk..... APRIL FOOLS.... Bike is fine just sitting in my garage waiting for me to ride it!
                            Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Decided i'm riding her TODAY!!
                              I invite you to church.

Comment

• New chain.. installed the new GS gear position switch for my GPI unit and verified the pin outs were correct... changed the oil, oil filter air filter, cleaned and checked gap on the plugs..
                                Last edited by GSXFJim; 04-04-2011, 01:53 PM.
                                http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                                http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                                '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                                "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                                "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Working...
                                X