What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice bike!

Originally posted by waveman View Post
    Well , I had my mechanic sync my carbs and adjust my valves, & changed my fork oil. ( running perfect now ). I installed new sprockets and chain yesterday. Put on her dress this AM. When it warms up a bit I will take her out for a 1st day of Spring RIP .

<snip>
    1988 Katana 600 / GSX600F

Comment

• I took the gas tank and the airbox off and am getting ready to take the carbs off so i can clean them and do w.e i can to make mine run
      "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
      - Michael Jordan-

My Build: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...02#post2085502

Comment

• Welll....after the rear tire spit out the air valve, I figured God was telling me something. I replaced the Pirellis (8500 miles) with Michelin Pilots and upped the preload on the rear shock...Rides like a NEW bike!
        sigpic
        Pepe Bouchard

Comment

• Started work on my 88 Katana today. Pretty much stripped it down, found out my RK chain kit isn't going to fit (rear sprocket). Plus it's too cold.

Comment

• I rode it for the first time since my test ride, which was down the street and back! After several weeks of fiddling, it was together 'enough' for a ride today. Old tires, fairings hanging on with two misfit bolts each (blame the PO) and no rear fairings, but I took it for a spin around several blocks. Hooray!

To get to that point: sync'd the carbs, reassembled the POR-15'd gas tank, put tank back on, aired up the tires. Plus several other weeks of fiddling.
            1988 Katana 600 / GSX600F

Comment

• replaced some poorly cut and reversed wires for my front LED turn sigs.

reminder, on post kats, when adding polarity specific LED bulbs, that the front turn bulb sockets are reversed. No matter for incandescent, but polarity specific needs to have the pins on the connector swapped

See My Garage for mods...
              T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
              Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

• i tried 2 find a oil leak i think its the valve cover gasket. i ordered the gasket hope it fixs the leak.

Comment

• Last weekend I started to take the fairings off of the bike to clean them up and do some hardcore old decal removal around some of the lower pieces (my boyfriend thinks I'm weird because I've been washing the parts in the bathtub). I also got my custom pin stripes ordered today and those should be coming in soon so I can put them on before putting the parts back on the bike.

My 4 Wheeled Ride: 2013 Mazda 3
                  My 2 Wheeled Ride: 2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Zis Is KAOS! We Don't Shush Here!

Comment

• Added some mesh and frame sliders last night...

My Bike/Project:
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

Comment

• Finally got it back together after 8 grueling months of separation!!! New tires, inspection, tag & insurance next!!!

Comment

• Got a 10 mile rideout today. Moving into a country pub (upstairs!) in a few weeks so lots of diy to do, unfortunately in the pub rather than outside on the bike!!
                        Ok, so i'm from the UK, don't hold it against me! I love my 1999 GSX750F.

Comment

• I put on some Kevlar brake pads on the back, touched up the paint, bled all the brakes, and rode around a bit.

Comment

• Fired her up for the first time today and went for a short ride (it's 28 degrees here today). smoked like a ***** for the first ten minutes till it warmed up and then she was good to go!!! Come on spring!!!
                            Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes. - Lewis Grizzard

Comment

• Originally posted by stretched600 View Post
                              Finally got it back together after 8 grueling months of separation!!! New tires, inspection, tag & insurance next!!!
                              I bet that was really painful dude, when one of my toys goes down a part of me is dead inside
                              On a side note I looked at my kat today, it is cold and was SUPPOSED to rain, but it didn't. Was gonna take the wife on a ride today..another day then

Comment

• I am getting ready to make some fairings for ir so I took so measurements to make some work space in my shop. also put the tricle charger on it. I would be ridding now but I am being forced to go out to dinner against my will. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X