No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washed the chain , lubed the chain and tightened the chain. then I tightened the rear axle bolt 45nm instead of 65. thats going to wait till tomorrow
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

• sold it
      1993 GSX750F

Comment

• Re-upholstered my seats, and then gave it a nice wash before a nice cruise around town.

Comment

• Originally posted by 95kat650 View Post
          Re-upholstered my seats, and then gave it a nice wash before a nice cruise around town.

That my friend is bad azz!
          Judge us not the scavengers that persecute humanity..

Comment

• Got the bike out of storage (now that the snow melted again) and took it for a ride. (GF was the camera person... ) And yes... those ARE motorcycle shoes... they are the Shift motorcycle street shoes, they look like tennis shoes, but are fully armored on the toes and sides, and are armored up the ankle too.

Last edited by RedKat91; 03-23-2011, 09:00 AM.
            Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Hi guys,
              I received a 1996 750 Kat for free...yes I said free. So I started tearing the bike down and I am going to rebuild the bike for my son. Finding fairings for this bike was hard. Maier products has dicontinued them and I finally after scouring the internet for them got them from Dennis Kirk. I figured being a suzuki I would not have a hard time frinding parts like those. But oh well. The bike is completely tore down I want to make sure it is going to be safe for my son. Awesome forum. I have received a lot of cool info thanks.

Comment

• I tried to change the airfilter but the tank was full of gas so I will have to wir until the tank is almost empty

Comment

• Originally posted by dabaitman View Post
                  That my friend is bad azz!
                  Thanks man!

Comment

• Originally posted by DreKat View Post
                    I tried to change the airfilter but the tank was full of gas so I will have to wir until the tank is almost empty

- What, could you just not lift it?
                    If this is your problem, then maybe hitting the gym for a week or so would help... lol jk

- Or were you having trouble lifting it and disconnecting the lines underneith at the same time on your own?
                    If this is your problem then, I found it makes it easier to get the tank off (if you have to do it with one person and need to be able to unclip the hoses and lines), to get a small 2x4 block of wood and wrap it up in an old shirt..... then undo the 2 rear bolts for the tank and lift the back of the tank up. Slide the wrapped block of wood in there just under the tank back and allow it to rest on it. Now you'll have both hands free to disconnect the petcock lines and undo the tank electrical harness. With those unclipped you can now just lift it straight up and out of the cradle.

Hope that helps.
                    RedKat~
                    Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• adjusted the wheel
                      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

• set up my acewell 2853 speedo and tested the speedsetting with my gps. Spot on at the first try
                        1990 600 kat on going projectNow with zxr 750 frontend

Comment

• does it have to be just today can it be for the last week or two have had my head buried in this thing pretty much everyday no time for anything changed the plugs and the oil pulled every piece of plastic on the bike to be prepped for paint did boatloads of bodywork primed them twice sprayed them fluorescent green waiting for the real paint guy threw some k&n airpods on it some dyna dc1-2 coils and wires and today i installed my jet kit and 2morrow i will be tuning the carbs so it runs perfectly oh yeah and i took the speedo apart and cleaned dead bugs out of it so it would actually read something other than 45 oh and i did a rear fender delete and i think after i tune my carbs 2morrow im gonna drill holes for my flush mount rear led turn signals so until the next mod see ya

Comment

• Sounds like you've been busy. Is that Kat with the bow in your avatar a gift to yourself or did you get it as a birthday/christmas gift?
                            Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• well i bought it 2 weeks before i left for bct got home month later i was sent to iraq well while i was in iraq the girl i was dating at the time decided she was gonna get my bike fixed cuz it had a few issues so $900 later that i paid for (funny huh) i get home finally and there it is looking just like that a still running like a turd and honestly i think the shop dropped it cuz there was new scuffs on it and my gauge bezel had a huge chunk missing from it anyone know where i can find a new one that wont crack like a potato chip?

Comment

• Cleaned the bike with a fine tooth comb. Then washed and waxed it. Getting ready to go geta full tank of gas and if the weather holds out, might take a ride saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X