No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found the guy that owned it before the person I bought it off of... just happened to look at an ad for powdercoating on CL, and there she was. The black can and the fact it only had the tail fairing was too much to be coincidence. He claims he made it into a fighter, but even in the powdercoating ad it doesn't show the front of the bike. Has me a little nervous now.
    sigpic'98 600 Parting Out

Comment

• removed and replaced the ignition switch 'cause some a****le bum took a screwdriver to it.

Comment

• Since I've killed my wallet, time, and near-future chances of sex with my gf to get my bike operational this past month, it was nice to just do some cosmetic derusting of the headers today... and work on her bike some to try to get me chances back

Originally posted by car0linab0y View Post
        Found the guy that owned it before the person I bought it off of... just happened to look at an ad for powdercoating on CL, and there she was. The black can and the fact it only had the tail fairing was too much to be coincidence. He claims he made it into a fighter, but even in the powdercoating ad it doesn't show the front of the bike. Has me a little nervous now.
        Not quite sure why you are nervous. Did the PO say he fighter'ed it but the ad predated that?

Could the PO have had the powder coating done by this guy?
        Last edited by BlackKat Joe; 02-15-2011, 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        1989 Katana GSX750F
        1995 CB250 Nighthawk
        2004 YFZ-R6 (track bike)

Comment

• Took her out today and got her on the highway let her run wild for a minute she was very thankful
          "The difficult Anytime, the 'Impossible' by appointment only!"

Comment

• Removed the license plate tag light houseing from my '96. Its been a long time coming. Time for some L.E.Ds
            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

• Started her up, moved her back out to the front of the house...
              1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

• Project never complete...

Removed the cam cover to adjust vavle lash and to replace my gaskets. Oh and put new shiny spark plugs in...
                "I am not going faster officer, everyone else is going slower than I was"

Comment

• As i was riding the ole girl today for the first time, she did really well. But she started acting a little weird, Kinda like one cylinder wasnt firing right when i was just cruising, but when i open the throttle slightly it smooths back out. So i am going to replace the plugs and wires tomorrow to see if that fixes it.

sigpic

Comment

• dreamt about her...she's still thousands of miles away...
                    Are we riding yet?

Comment

• Got license plate, since I jut bought her a few days ago and she didnt have plates, now she is legal

Comment

• Reinstalled the engine! Whoo Hooo! One step closer to back on the road.
                        1988 GSX1100F - moving under its own power! Final assembly, carb balancing, etc.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

• Finally got an 89 airbox... damned thing was hard to get my hands on.

Also got all new fuel tubing and did a valve adjustment. It was my first time doing a valve adjustment... much quicker and easier than I thought it would be with those screw adjusters!

Also also, spent some time with the wire brush and rusty exhaust pipes... every time I give that a go, I wind up with a pile of rust dust... I think they are salvageable though... no holes found yet...

Comment

• I got a pre 600 with a post 600 engine and exhaust. Since the pre frame is a couple inches shorter than the post for the exhaust mounts, the stock mounting pushed the bottom center of the exhaust down causing clearance issues.

Took the bike to my cousin's shop, and we did a combination of things...

First, cut out 2" of the midpip on the can, and welded it back together to shorten it there. Then, using a torch we heated up the header at the top bends and bottom bends (each of the 4 pipes) while applying pressure from below, forcing the collector to tuck up alot closer to the oil pan.

When done, it bolted right up with minimal work and sits about 1/2" below the oil pan giving good clearance.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Replaced the fuel filter, oil filter, and gave it an oil change. Put about 3/4 of the fairings back on (the shop that painted the fairings put all the screws in a bag, so took a while to do everything, and I had to be somewhere before I finished). Ill post some pics later. Its getting pretty close, list of things to do are:

-get new tires
                              -get new mirrors (old ones were way to small)
                              -get new front turn signals
                              -get new gas cap (old one couldnt be repainted and is ugly as hell)
                              -get insurance
                              -and get on and ride
                              Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

• Installed new mirrors that finally got here, got the safety done and registration completed.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X