• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sold my kat today and bought a Gixxer
    sigpic
    http://eternal-mc.com
    http://eternalmc.freeforums.org

Comment

• rebuilt peckcock twice, did it wrong the first time. let a friend bondo the dent in my tank and forgot to put hardener in the bondo so I scraped it off. going to wait until tomorrow to redo the bondo and paint the tank
      sigpic
      "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
      "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Robotic View Post
        I sold my kat today and bought a Gixxer
        I'd do the same if I hadn't put so much into the d@mn thing.
        sigpic'98 600 Parting Out

Comment

• build the bracket to mount the fuel pump.
          "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
          2004 marauder 800

Comment

• Repaired the cut wiring harnesses on the ignition and generator. Finally got to play with my new solder gun and handy-dandy holding contraption from HF ($2 on sale, couldn't pass it up). Also got the kerosene heater filled and running, should warm up the garage nicely for more work on the frame.
            1988 GSX1100F - moving under its own power! Final assembly, carb balancing, etc.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

• Replaced oil and filter over the weekend, ran up down the road, nice to get on it again.
              Did bit more work on fairings (wet/dry rash)
              I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.

Comment

• Cleaned the carbs and added a fuel cleaner ... Also lubes the chain and degreased the motor
                I always saw Wile E. Coyote as some sort of Sisyphus-like protagonist: endlessly re-enacting the futility and sorrow of the human experience through failed attempts at overcoming obstacles via technological advancement. The Roadrunner is a Hades figure, endlessly tormenting him with what he wants, just out of reach in an eternal desert. Meep meep

Comment

• Just won an ebay auction for a 2008 kawi ninja 250 headlight fairing. I don't like the pre headlight so I though I would change it. The ninja headlight action will end tomorrow with me as the winner Hopefully I will get to enjoy the different shields, mirrors and looks the new front end will provide.

Last edited by chrisgreer23; 02-07-2011, 05:51 PM.
                  I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                  -Unholy m-
                  Current project: Un-Katchable
                  sigpic

Comment

• Just bought some new and replacement parts for the bike. I got me some Pirelli Diablo Rosso Tires. a 120/70zr17 in the front and a 150/60zr17 in the back. Also got me some Alpinestar Radiant Drystar gloves for the winter ride; also got me some replacement front turn signals. Should all look good once I get a new paint scheme on the bike.
                    Grab life by the horns and punch it in the nose!

sigpic

Comment

• Just re-installed my fuel guage after I removed it for my fighter mod. Didn't want to sit at work in the middle of the night wondering why the bike wouldn't start again... Also learned that even with a full tank, if you plug it into the Tach connector it'll read "empty" until you start it and blip the throttle. Then it'll read "full, half, full, half..."
                      "these things we do... that others may live..."

Comment

• Posted my 750 on CL and had a buyer 8 hours later! He'll be by on Sunday to pick it up. Kinda sad to see it go but I really don't need two Kats in the garage.

Painted the newly fabbed rear caliper arm for my 1100 and bought some front calipers for it. The 17" wheel conversion is coming together!
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Sold my 750. The guy who was going to come by on Sunday got anxious and drove up here from Delaware today. I'm back to only 1 bike in the garage. Sad to see the girl go but hopefully she's gone to a good home where she'll get ridden a lot. Gave the guy the address for KR so hopefully we'll see him on here soon.
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Brought her home from the previous owners house. Fixed the Petcock on her.
                            1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

• Got the carbs mostly back together
                              Started scraping rust off of the pipes.
                              Need new grips and some other small things and she'll be all ready for spring!

Comment

• Oh and luckily i have a few new parts from my old bike that i can use. Will be putting on the ole girl a new vortex rear sprocket, new EBC rear rotor, and new F&R EBC pads.

1993 Suzuki GSX 600F Katana

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X