No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took it out. Rode it around. Shot some photos. Put it up till December when it is really nice to ride.
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• I removed the shinktook it for a "dual sport" ride. We did about 50 miles on dirt roads. The whole trip was about 150 miles. When you watch the video, remember that I shot it using a hand-held camera. One hand on the camera, one hand on the throttle. I kind of made the dirt roads look easy. The only problem was that all that rough road made a few screws loosen up and I almost lost a few.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/16168479"]http://vimeo.com/16168479[/ame]
      Last edited by akarob; 10-25-2010, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• I looked at the pile of parts sitting in my garage that used to be my pre kat 750 and wished that I could've afforded to keep 2 bikes...
        Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

• bought a rear tire 160/60/17 Michelin Pilot Sport, couldn't find a 150/70/17
          1998 - 600, 1997 - 600

Comment

• gonna go pick my bike up from the shop after it sat at the shop for five days cause i work every day of my life.

Comment

• yea its all good now.Got my kat back yesturday from the shop.they took care of me and only charged me for a spark plug that was bad.The other **** was on the house. Now gonna try to get a couple of days of riding in before it gets to cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by downrangefuture View Post
                -Found out my brake fluid is black and broke a screw off in the master cylinder, so I got to check out the local salvage yard.
                Dude ,just drill the screw out , put in a new one , and call it a day .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Originally posted by md86 View Post
                  Dude ,just drill the screw out , put in a new one , and call it a day .
                  Ah, it was leaky anyway and the window was so yellow you couldn't see through it. That's why I found out it was black. Found a nice one from the salvage yard for $40. Off a 2004 even. Basically new!

But today, I tried to get it to start and it laughed at me. Seriously, jacket on and it wouldn't start. Jacket off starts just fine. Put the jacket on while it's started and I'm sitting on it. It died. It was toying with me.
                  "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

• Originally posted by downrangefuture View Post
                    Ah, it was leaky anyway and the window was so yellow you couldn't see through it. That's why I found out it was black. Found a nice one from the salvage yard for $40. Off a 2004 even. Basically new!

But today, I tried to get it to start and it laughed at me. Seriously, jacket on and it wouldn't start. Jacket off starts just fine. Put the jacket on while it's started and I'm sitting on it. It died. It was toying with me.
                    i have a car that does it to me on occasion. her name is christine. she gets jealous sometimes if i don't pay proper attention.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Today I put on the long underwear and my down vest under my riding gear and took the Kat out for a ride in the lovely 46 degree Wisconsin weather. The bike ran like a dream and after a few miles I began to ignore the tempature and just enjoyed the ride. A great way to waste away a couple hours for Halloween!
                      Don’t walk before you can crawl, and don’t try to sprint until you are a good walker. Use your head, wear the gear, and have fun

Comment

• Put my new windscreen on my 03 600 Katana that I got off ebay for $35.00 outta Florida. Took fricken 6+ days to get to San Diego

Comment

• I put new coils on the kat and put the airbox/tank back on. It was raining out so I didn't bother trying to fire the bike up. Now it's dark with wet streets. Try again tomorrow. Have to fix my dad's laptop then though.
                          "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

• Hi guys,
                            new here, will get around to posting a thread for my bike.
                            Today i installed a new set of iridium plugs, remounted and tidied the HID headlight loom and black box, resprayed a few bits and installed a chain oiler

Beauty day for it too

Comment

• Walked out to the garage, looked at it, then looked at the parts laying next to it and walked by.. maybe I'll get to work on it tomorrow.... maybe..
                              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• ordered bout 500 $ in parts
                                1992- project katfighter
                                2005- GSXR750
                                2001- TL1000R
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment