X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZkatFL96 View Post
    Stone what did you use to paint your exhaust? I'm almost done with a flat black/glossy orange look on my bike and would consider that if its easy. I have a nice hines and vance system( i believe its the ss2) i think it would look sick an orange color everywhere but the H&V badge
    It's Rustoleum High Heat grill paint (rattle can). Cost about $4.50 at home depot. It is VERY flat matte. I think it looks awesome, but I am not sure about the durability. I sanded it with 100 grit to rough it up, washed it, masked it, and sprayed a couple of coats. Super easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by stonefry View Post
      It's Rustoleum High Heat grill paint (rattle can). Cost about $4.50 at home depot. It is VERY flat matte. I think it looks awesome, but I am not sure about the durability. I sanded it with 100 grit to rough it up, washed it, masked it, and sprayed a couple of coats. Super easy.

Do they make a hightemp chrome? I need to respray my right pipe where the old battery exploded and got battery acid on the pipe. Ate through the pipe and needs to be resprayed with the chrome color.

Also forgot.... have you rode the Kat since the paint... any issues with heat and the paint?
      Last edited by RedKat91; 10-22-2010, 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Originally posted by stonefry View Post
        Painted my exhaust today

Looks great, what paint did you use?

I gave my katana some more company in the garage. I can't beleive I got it registered so easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by akarob View Post
          Looks great, what paint did you use?
          Rustoleum high temp grill paint. $4.50 at Home Depot.

Originally posted by RedKat91 View Post
          Do they make a hightemp chrome? I need to respray my right pipe where the old battery exploded and got battery acid on the pipe. Ate through the pipe and needs to be resprayed with the chrome color.

Also forgot.... have you rode the Kat since the paint... any issues with heat and the paint?
          Doubt they make chrome. After I bought this can from Home Depot, I saw that they had other high temp colors at Kragen's auto parts store. They were all dull colors though, like gray and black.
          Last edited by stonefry; 10-23-2010, 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Made the 2 hour drive home with the anticipation of riding to bike night only to find that my dad had been out having a little fun on my bike this week and when he parked it, he left the key in the "park" position and killed the battery.
            "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• I'm about to leave to go seal my tank. Wish me luck on not ruining my paint job with aircraft paint stripper.
              Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

• turned my air screw in 1/8 of a turn and jb welded a crack on the left side engine cover that leaks a little oil from when the PO layed the bike down. Going to be decent out today so it will probably be one of the last rides for the season.
                03' Aprilia Falco
                99' CBR600F4 (fighter-ish) - SOLD
                94' GSX750F (street fighter theme) - SOLD
                1989 240sx (turbo ka on e85) - SOLD
                sigpic

Comment

• Took a pic of my new Delkevic and rode for a bit. It's definately getting colder here.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Got news back from the shop on the status of my Kat yesturday. Was a clogged main jet and one of my floats was "stuck". Got an oil change new plugs and they took care of whatever they had to do to the carbs. ALL GOOD

Comment

• sold it

well i sold it on friday
                      BUT an hour later i picked up my new bike, a 2007 CBR 600RR

pics will be up right after i post this!
                      "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

• 1st quick ride around the block.
                        01' Intruder 1400 [Sold 4/10]
                        03' VTX 1800 Retro
                        04' Katana 750 [Theft Recovery 2/10]

Comment

• just finished changing the oil and oil filter. Definitely that hardest oil change I have ever done. I dont know what the previous owner did when he screwed in the oil filter, but there was no getting it off without some serious muscle. I had to take off the headers, hammer in a screwdriver into the oil filter, and yank at it something fierce. 2 hour oil change. YAY!

Comment

• got in 200 miles this afternoon
                            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• new grips

just bought new grips! my pops wore the stock ones to the bone so new ones were a must. i got "pro grip grips 699 open end sport bike grips".

1998 Katana GSX750F
                              “If you are not at least a little scared about riding your motorcycle every time you get on it, you should not be riding.”

Comment

• finished more paint work and added on my fairing decals....... finally
                                Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Working...
                                X