No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced a burnt connector and the fuse block on my wiring, redid some of the connectors on the wires as well, pulled and cleaned the carbs again. Now trying to figure out what/where a clear jelly like substance is coming from that disolved into a gas smelling liquid when rubbed between the figers, but seems to keep clogging up pilot jet ports....

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Fixed my clutch. I thought I put a replacement clutch push rod in, found out I was wrong. Now it's in and working GREAT!
      sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
      2004 Katana 600 - Gone
      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• rode it in 90deg heat for about an hour (too hot) I don't think my bike liked

Comment

• Took my forks over to Tmod to work his magic on.. came home and put it all back together and went for a quick shake down ride.. I'm ridin again!!!
          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• Slapped it on the rear on the way past it for a beer in the garage.
            Tejasandre

Comment

• Rode it on the fwy a bunch today.

Originally posted by plucas_78 View Post
              how?
              Wrapped a trash bag around the two boxes stacked on each other and rode with it sitting on the tank while holding it with my elbows and torso.
              I invite you to church.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
                @seanbball13.

I bought my Kat over in Ashby, MA.

Well today I broke my clutch cable 30mi away from home and rode it back.
                Yeah , My shift lever fell off a ways from home once . I popped 'er into 6th and slipped the clutch a LOT for the 40 mile ride to as friend's garage where I had a spare parts-bike . Riding in one gear is FUN , id'nit ?

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                Now trying to figure out what/where a clear jelly like substance is coming from that disolved into a gas smelling liquid when rubbed between the figers, but seems to keep clogging up pilot jet ports....

Krey
                You sillycone anything lately ? Been there , done that .....

Originally posted by willbdish View Post
                rode it in 90deg heat for about an hour (too hot) I don't think my bike liked
                Then your bike's a pu$$y . Jussayin .....
                Last edited by md86; 07-09-2010, 01:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Originally posted by md86 View Post
                  You sillycone anything lately ? Been there , done that .....

Nope, nothing like that at all... It was suggested it might be "gelled gas" and that it happens once in a while, clean and go and not to worry about it. I'll probably obsess over it till I fiture out what/why and how to prevent from happening again...

Pre-emptive post... I'm going today to flush the tank and make sure nothing is in it now that the carbs are cleaned... again...

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Got into a little accident aweek ago (bike never went down) hit a chunk of steel in the road doing 60mph got a bad speed wobble so i hit the gas to speed out of it and ruined my front rim. $297 dollars later bike was fixed and i just ordered some new rear brakes

BTW Kreylyn just pushed 7500 miles on the motor and the bike still rides great. I got to thank you again my friend

Comment

• Not today, but last weekend I entered her in a vintage bike show. She was the only Kat there!

1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

• I pushed it home from around the block after the chain fell off
                        I invite you to church.

Comment

• Originally posted by exc911ence View Post
                          Not today, but last weekend I entered her in a vintage bike show. She was the only Kat there!

looks like the obvious winner

i adjusted the chain and installed a 12v outlet. getting ready to ride tomorrow.
                          Last edited by KAT TOY; 07-10-2010, 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Originally posted by 600toStart View Post
                            I pushed it home from around the block after the chain fell off
                            was that you? on wednesday i was in a bar that was closing and the bartender went outside for a minute, and i saw two guys pushing a sport bike down the road....haha....

i chuckled but i was a little liqoured up and didnt wanna help and fal down

Comment

• Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                              looks like the obvious winner

i adjusted the chain and installed a 12v outlet. getting ready to ride tomorrow.

do you mount the outlet/cut out a place for it, or is it one of the ones that just connects to the battery and sits in the storage compartment?
                              ROLL TIDE!

Comment

• Originally posted by abailey362 View Post
                                do you mount the outlet/cut out a place for it, or is it one of the ones that just connects to the battery and sits in the storage compartment?
                                it connects to the battery via the charger plug. i ran the sleeved wiring along existing harness and tie strapped to the brake hose. no hole in any thing.
                                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                                X