No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked up my new headers on UPS tracking. Still in Indiana. Sigh.
    Pray Ride Live Love

1994 GSX600F

Comment

• Originally posted by chuckles View Post
      Looked up my new headers on UPS tracking. Still in Indiana. Sigh.
      Ya, Indiana blows sorry...

Comment

• Sigh, had hopes of finally getting it running today, had those hopes doused by new a few more issues to work through But progress was made! This is kinda over the last week or so, gota catch up lol. Been repairing this bike getting it road worthy again.

Bled out brakes and replaced fluid for the first time in front and rear, Guessing its never been done on this bike and its got 30k miles. Brake fluid was black! yikes.
        New pads on rear (EBC HH), pads up front were still good. Replaced rotor's all around.

Changed Oil. Just like the brake fluid it was pure black :/

Put in new K&N Filter into stock box.

Adjust Jetting.

Put on new tires, running 120/60/17 and 160/60/17's Pilot Roads, Sizes are a little large I know, but a brand new set for 90$ was too good to pass up.

Replaced Front and Rear Sprockets, Replaced Chain, D.I.D X-Ring.

Replaced Exhaust Gaskets

Rebuilt parts of Carbs and got everything cleaned out.

Tomorrow adjusting Jets and figuring out a flooding issue.
        I never knew what I was getting myself into....

Comment

• just finished the first session of sanding on my right fairing....couple more time then she's ready for primer and paint!!!
          sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

• Trying to find some good deals on tires because the bald ones i have arent workin for me no more and just rode to work

Comment

• Finished mounting exhaust and my DIY shovel chop....

Finally got muffler connector (donut) and finished mounting exhaust,....Thanks for all of your help Krey.

........and my DIY shovel chop....thanks for all who posted images to give me ideas on how to do this. (License plate edited via paint, lol)

Comment

• your exhaust looks pretty slick there RGABA

As for what I did to my Kat today....I gave the fairing another sanding session before work. Only a few more to go then primer!
                sigpic2006 KAT 750

Comment

• Thanks!! Sanding session.....yuk, but it's my next project.

Originally posted by ct3 View Post
                  your exhaust looks pretty slick there RGABA

As for what I did to my Kat today....I gave the fairing another sanding session before work. Only a few more to go then primer!
                  I've been dreading that job, I may prioritize my front fork seals over my fairing paint job.

Comment

• Originally posted by rgaba View Post
                    I've been dreading that job, I may prioritize my front fork seals over my fairing paint job.
                    oh yeah....it sucks a big one.....but that's what happens when you lay her down....and now I've decided to take everything off and paint a new color but i'm not gonna tackle that project until this winter. I'm just gonna rock my current paint and one primered right fairing for the rest of this riding season.
                    sigpic2006 KAT 750

Comment

• changed my oil and filter in anticipation of tomorrow's ride. used Mobil 1 full syn.4T. rear tire and brake pads are next. need to be ready for the Rally.
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Taking her on a ride for Rupert's Kids Foundation!!!

Comment

• shined it upp and rode to a grad cer. congrats to the class of 010...

Comment

• Passed the Team Oregon MSF Course to get my endorsement! Yahoo!
                            I never knew what I was getting myself into....

Comment

• Originally posted by Scobydew View Post
                              Passed the Team Oregon MSF Course to get my endorsement! Yahoo!
                              Congrats.
                              John,
                              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                              sigpic

Comment

• I realized that if I amorall the seat, the passenger panics when they start sliding around on it
                                My YouTube Videos
                                My motorcyle map!

Comment

Working...
                                X