No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode to work today. Will prolly take a spin at lunch then the long way home.

Comment

• Weather was nice today. Washed and waxed the new paint for the first time.

Comment

• Took her out for a quick 45 mile ride

Comment

• rained here today too. had her in the garage. re-adjusted the clutch, levers, throttle cable and took the slack out of the chain. idol is smoother, levers feel better to operate, great throttle response and first gear doesnt "bang" when engaged any more.
          now if tomorrow doesnt rain, we'll see how much difference the adjustments made.

Comment

• Got back to OR this morning, opened up the box in my livingroom the engine has been siting in for well over a month, and began to attemt puttign the new clutch I recieved from Gixxerkat in it. Quickly found out the outter clutch basket he sent doesn't fit because the gear that's driven off the crank has straight cut teeth, while the drive gear on my crankshahaft has an angled/helical cut gear.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

• Worked on my new exhaust

Comment

• Waited for my new taillight to arrive....it didn't.

arg.

Comment

• installed a new clutch lever[PO damage] installed my new LED tail light from fleabay. looks good, but LED turn signals blink too fast so left stock ones connected. also got my new technic jacket $40 from new enough.com. yeah.
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• just bought a $135 adjustable kickstand.....
                    1993 GSX600 Katana => http://rides.webshots.com/album/576565373zGVUIM
                    2004 Custom chopper => http://rides.webshots.com/album/569828543jIfEOK

Comment

• Just put about 300 miles on her threw some rain,fog,sunshine, and darkness.
                      sigpic
                      1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

• drove it home from work in beautiful weather!!
                        It's not considered cheating if it's a motorcycle, right???

2006 Katana 750

Comment

• Rode her for the first time this year!!!! Got it back from the shop today so I went buck wild lol. Rode from 2pm till 130am. I LOOOVED it!!
                          - Remember -
                          Ride wherever the road takes you and
                          never stop until every inch of pavement
                          has tasted your rubber.

Comment

• Plugged in the front brake switch wires.
                            Put $1 of gas in it.
                            Rode it to work.
                            Put $5 of gas in it.
                            Rode it from work to my friend's place.
                            Took a 90 minute detour home under the midnight Moon.
                            I invite you to church.

Comment

• Finished cleaning and reassembled the carbs, replacing the infuriating JIS screws with socket caps.
                              Patched a small leak in a bowl with JB weld.
                              Found that one of my pilot screws needs replacing because of a bad thread.
                              Lubed the clutch, throttle, and choke cables.
                              Removed the battery tray to clean over the weekend.
                              1993 GSX750F

Comment

• Originally posted by rolofung View Post
                                Removed the battery tray to clean over the weekend.
                                My bike is basically spotless but has some oxidation there by the battery vent too. I should take it out and repaint it.

I installed a new aftermarket mirror that my wife broke off. It looks and fits fine but it vibrates more than the stock one. I think it is missing the metal plate that goes on the back of the glass. It's just a bit annoying. Get what ya pay for I suppose.

I also got some new graphics to put on, I just need to remove the adhesive from the old ones before I can put them on. I can't find anything that works. Carb cleaner softens it up but doesn't dissolve it. I'll post some pictures when I'm done.

Comment

Working...
                                X