No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stared at the bits and pieces waiting to be painted thanks to this g******ed weather...
    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
    '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

• i tore off all my fenders and fixed my mesh that the idito before me glued on with hot glue. Now.. i have an engine project to remove any remaining hot glue.

Comment

• Let's see...I took off the rear fairings, they got cut on, sanded, primed, and the first coat of paint. Tomorrow I will put another coat of paint on them, put a clear coat on them and start on the rest of plastics. I will update and have pics.
        Finally Got To Start My Project!!!!

There was so much overspray still in the building you can't really see the last two pics, see good ones tomorrow!!
        Last edited by blazed426; 03-30-2010, 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Installed some stage 3 baseline jetting in the Canadian 82. Tomorrow, I start welding up the custom stainless midpipe.

Comment

• Rode it around for a little bit.. half naked. (the bike.. not me )
            I invite you to church.

Comment

• Took the front end apart only to discover my lack of sockets for ignition removal. Replaced my o-rings under my main jets. Drilled out the factory plugs over the A/F screws.

Tried really hard not to cry when I saw that the rest of this week will be in the upper 70's, only mostly succeeded. Figures that as soon as I break my bike down into tiny pieces for some powder coating and carb cleaning mother nature would let off the cold weather crap and make it perfect outside.
              Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Assimve View Post
                Took the front end apart only to discover my lack of sockets for ignition removal. Replaced my o-rings under my main jets. Drilled out the factory plugs over the A/F screws.

Tried really hard not to cry when I saw that the rest of this week will be in the upper 70's, only mostly succeeded. Figures that as soon as I break my bike down into tiny pieces for some powder coating and carb cleaning mother nature would let off the cold weather crap and make it perfect outside.
                I feel your pain. We're suppose to hit the 80s this week, I mean come on this is Iowa in March. Not suppose to happen

Comment

• Went out for a ride, the other bike guys dont believe its a katana!!

Comment

• Carbs are off, motor's all but ready to come out... stupid upper rear mount bolt is stuck. :
                    Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

• took the cover off mine in anticipation of riding later today, tomorrow and the next day...forecast for the rest of the week sunny, upper 70's lower 80's yee haw!
                      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Comment

• Just finished disassembling the carbs far enough to clean them up.

The bike has sat outside for 2 years before I got it, which was nearly 4 months ago... the PO must've drained the carbs, because the first 3 were clean. #4 has some oxidation, presumably from condensate.

I'm gonna steam clean the bodies, spray them flat black, and candy blue on the bowls and diaphragm covers.
                        Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

• Custom tail on

And Bandit 1200 headers

And i washed it and drove it!
                          Gladiators M.C.C Sweden Member

*Katana -1999 750cc*

Comment

• Installed the wheel bearings in the R1 rims, got the sprocket/rotors bolted up, and had the new tires installed and balanced. Let the suspension swap on the Canadian 82 begin!

Comment

• Installed the Ex500 windscreen and mounted the new Shinko 009 Ravens
                              All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bensen View Post
                                Custom tail on

And Bandit 1200 headers

And i washed it and drove it!
                                Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X