running highbeams all the time???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trinc
    Originally posted by Macka
    High beams during the day, always, and I have never had a problem.

Not only is it legal to do so here in Massachusetts, it is also highly encouraged by the MSF.
    it is NOT legal in oregon. yes... i have been pulled over for having the on high ( on my old ninja )

tim
    Actually, Federal law now makes it legal in all 50 states. Some states may still have laws against it on the books, but federal code supercedes.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      Originally posted by Macka
      High beams during the day, always, and I have never had a problem.

Not only is it legal to do so here in Massachusetts, it is also highly encouraged by the MSF.
      it is NOT legal in oregon. yes... i have been pulled over for having the on high ( on my old ninja )

tim
      Actually, Federal law now makes it legal in all 50 states. Some states may still have laws against it on the books, but federal code supercedes.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      do you have a link to that ?

tim

Comment

I was too lazy to read this, but it's current as of 2004, let me know how it turns out

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet

do you have a link to that ?

tim
          I think it falls in 49 CFR section 517.108, but let me see if I can find you a specific link. This might work: http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text...1.2.3.36.2.1.9

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
            I was too lazy to read this, but it's current as of 2004, let me know how it turns out

http://www.aimncom.com/mc_news/cst2cst/2004/0204.html
            it states you can now have 3 headlights, driving lights & a pulsing headlight & brakelight but nothing about riding with highbeams on.

tim

Comment

I use high beam during the day and night.

Comment

Re: running highbeams all the time???

Originally posted by Badkitty
                I was told by my local dealer that driving with my highbeams on during the day puts way too much strain on charging system and will kill my battery and generator. Is this true ?
                Total Use my all the time, no problems.
                I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

well, if you have the "california" model like i do, get a battery tener, or plan on buying 3 batteries or so a year......stupid pos fan.

Comment

You know, you can just disconnect the fan or even remove it comepletely............

Just a thought.......
                    Ron
                    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I'm with everyone else, high beams all the time. If I get flashed or see someone adjust their mirror I'll dim them for the time being ... but at least I know they see me.
                      Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

If it was bad for the bike to run with the high beams on, then they would have either not put them there to use, or would make it so it would be "Safe" to use for long term. Sounds like either the guy didn't know what he was talking about, or was just feeding you a line.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I only get my high beams early in the AM when its cold, and if don't wear a jacket. How does this affect my battery?

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaTX
                            I only get my high beams early in the AM when its cold, and if don't wear a jacket. How does this affect my battery?
                            It shouldn't affect it at all. Your altenator should be putting out more than enough power to hadle it.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                            X