No announcement yet.
X

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked the bike up yesterday evening, and my quick little "round the block test ride" turned into a 'round town jaunt. I love this bike! It is very stable and corners well. The powerband doesn't hit too strong in the lower RPM range, so it's nice and smooth. I rode to work this morning, and man, what a feeling. I don't think I've stopped grinning since last night.

A serious thanks to all in this forum. The riding tips that I've read on other threads here has been a great help, and I hope it will continue to be as well!

Question: the coworker friend of mine did a great job of "scrubbing in" the tires on the 30 mile ride back to the house, but there are those pesky chicken strips that still look dangerously slick. Since I don't want to be leaning in a corner and have the bike slide out from under me, what is a good technique to scrub those sections of the tire? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Z - ***in my best imitaion Darth Vader voice*** The circle is now complete. You are now ready to enter the Dark Side...

ablank - I live in Lockhart, near Austin. I have family that lives near Houston in Conroe, however...
    2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

It takes a good 70 mile ride (Doing the straights) to really get all the gunk moved out of the center of the tire, and to the sides. After that, go for the scrubbing of them in. Just remember to take it slow, and move little by little outwards and leaning.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Congrats on the new bike!!!
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

You know it is nice having a reputation of authority on the board.. hahahahahahahahaha

What sucks is after the gap the the stigma will be erased
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Z - Don't worry, we'll all still respect your 'puter skillz... After all, chicks dig guys that have skills, you know, 'puter skills, katridin' skills, numchuck skills...

KG - Thanks!

Update: Took the GF to the local high school parking lot, as she wanted to learn how to ride. We took it really slow, and she did a great job. Even though she has never ridden a bike before, in a couple of hours she was up and riding, and making some slow speed left hand turns. She listens really well, and, even though she didn't like "crotch rockets," when she stopped she had a big ol' grin on her face. You could tell she was having a ball when she kept doing lap after lap and was reluctant to stop.
            2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Working...
            X